Current time: 08/05/2024, 17:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
I suggested on another forum yesterday that if merseyrail decided to return 507006 to service that the damaged coach could be exchanged for 1 of the 2 class 508/2 coaches at a training facility based in Seacombe.

This facility is mainly used by the fire service to allow firemen & women to train ( excuse the pun please ) for putting out fires within the coaches.

The damaged driving coach from 507006 could be swapped for 1 of these 2 coaches at the Seacombe facility because they are identical to the 507 driving coaches in every way, all that would be needed would be a complete swap over of all the internal fitments, cab interior and electrical equipment.

The unit would have to be tested before entering service again but I reckon it could be done.

The main reasons I say that are :

1 ) If 507006 is scrapped which would be a pity, that would reduce the number of passengers carried per day, ok it may not be a huge drop but it would be a possible drop in passenger numbers per day.

2 ) As the introduction of the class 777 units is constantly being pushed back ( although there are reasons for this ), Merseyside need as many units as they can get, not just for the services but to cover failures as well because having as many units as they can would at least allow them to get the frequency of the northern and wirral line services back to pre covid service timings.

While it is possible a few members may disagree with what I have said, merseyrail need as many trains as they can in order to maintain service levels.

I think we'll just have to see what happens really.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I think when a full timetable is in operation , there is still just about enough units to run the service , but will be getting tight with an major failures .

I hazard a guess the unit attached to 507006 will be quarantined by the RAIB , hence this will bring the amount of units down to 55.
I think when a full timetable is in operation , there is still just about enough units to run the service , but will be getting tight with any major failures .

I hazard a guess the unit attached to 507006 will be quarantined by the RAIB , hence this will bring the amount of units down to 55.
(15/03/2021 17:23)wirralbus Wrote:  I think when a full timetable is in operation , there is still just about enough units to run the service , but will be getting tight with any major failures .

507021 was on Kirkdale depot this afternoon when I passed.
It had a flashing red light on the front end and a red (do not move) flag hanging out the cab window.
They may need to carry out a full check on the unit to ensure there are no issues preventing it from continuing in service use.
37800 currently sat in Platform 7 at Liverpool Lime Street believe is running across to assist at Kirkby after end of service.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(15/03/2021 20:59)ant17612 Wrote:  37800 currently sat in Platform 7 at Liverpool Lime Street believe is running across to assist at Kirkby after end of service.

I would imagine the move would be in daylight later today.
They will have to pull up the detonators to enter the section from Rice Lane then replace them once in, then the same on the way back, so it’ll be a lot easier as well in daylight
37800 will be getting used at some point, for now its staying where it is and that's come from someone within Merseyrail
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
It’s on its way to Kirkby now
Real Time Trains has it as 1Z99

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)