Current time: 18/04/2024, 13:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Diamond Bus North West
RE: Diamond Bus North West
(24/02/2021 22:12)Mayneway Wrote:  Simple reason really..... a number of Eccles drivers have moved across the road to continue driving the Altrincham services.

That was my first thought however I didn’t wish to presume
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Diamond Northwest 40714 the low height Streetdeck that came from Arriva Kent & Surrey has gone back down South and is now with Diamonds Hallmark division.

Coming the other way is Hallmark Enviro200 YX09HYZ.
Diamond have announced today that they are duping journeys on their 163 between Manchester and Middleton. My guess that this is to pick up as many extra passengers as possible along Rochdale Road During the Go North West strike
(28/02/2021 13:21)Nwales Bus Wrote:  Diamond have announced today that they are duping journeys on their 163 between Manchester and Middleton. My guess that this is to pick up as many extra passengers as possible along Rochdale Road During the Go North West strike
I'm a bit surprised that they aren't doing Langley as well to take the 18 passengers.
(28/02/2021 17:19)iMarkeh Wrote:  I'm a bit surprised that they aren't doing Langley as well to take the 18 passengers.

The passengers on langley have a normal service from GNW so it’s a pointless excersise, in fact from the 10 mins I spent driving up Rochdale road into Middleton I saw two Selwyns 18’s heading towards town with good loads on, the two 163’s I saw looked pretty empty.
(28/02/2021 18:23)Mayneway Wrote:  The passengers on langley have a normal service from GNW so it’s a pointless excersise, in fact from the 10 mins I spent driving up Rochdale road into Middleton I saw two Selwyns 18’s heading towards town with good loads on, the two 163’s I saw looked pretty empty.
Not really.
Mon-Fri the 18 is every 12 minutes but dropped to every 20 due to the strike.
On Saturdays, 18 is down from every 15 to every 20.
Along Rochdale Road, services have dropped from every 6 (MF)/7.5 (Sat) minutes to every 10.

Sundays are the same times though yes.
And people will pick up on the £1 fare on GNW so will wait.
(28/02/2021 22:19)Mrboo Wrote:  And people will pick up on the £1 fare on GNW so will wait.

I was on Rochdale Road most of last week and I was still selling plenty of weeklys. Most people will go out tomorrow and wait for the bus they normally catch whether it be an 18 or 163.
I took a walk to Middleton yesterday afternoon and while I was there watching what was actually going on I'm pretty sure that within 10mins I spotted 2 Diamond 163s heading from Middleton towards Bury considering the normal timetable on a Sunday has them running every 30mins so not to sure what service they were actually running.
Just a quick one as I can’t remember if I’ve asked this already are the Renown trainers owned by Rotala?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)