Current time: 08/05/2024, 06:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(17/12/2020 09:37)507022 Wrote:  The two sets from Kirkdale were moved to Warrington Walton Old Junction Sidings this morning for storage

Any idea what unit numbers?

Is it only 777003, 004 and 006 which require the modifications at Crewe, other units are moving to Crewe just for storage purposes?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/12/2020 12:35)508134 Wrote:  Any idea what unit numbers?

Is it only 777003, 004 and 006 which require the modifications at Crewe, other units are moving to Crewe just for storage purposes?

777003 and 006
The Polish units are being kept there until they can be accepted by Merseyrail
Crewe aren’t doing modifications apparently, although that was the original idea, it’s now just for storage.
Any modifications will now be done at Kirkdale
So any new ones will be brought in from Switzerland and then more will be sent for storage probably to Warrington
(17/12/2020 12:50)507022 Wrote:  777003 and 006
The Polish units are being kept there until they can be accepted by Merseyrail
Crewe aren’t doing modifications apparently, although that was the original idea, it’s now just for storage.
Any modifications will now be done at Kirkdale
So any new ones will be brought in from Switzerland and then more will be sent for storage probably to Warrington

Okay, that makes sense, thanks.
Although I thought 777003 was at Crewe, did it not travel (with 777009) the other week to Crewe (listed on post #3143).
(17/12/2020 15:43)508134 Wrote:  Okay, that makes sense, thanks.
Although I thought 777003 was at Crewe, did it not travel (with 777009) the other week to Crewe (listed on post #3143).

They were the numbers I was told but looking back at that post, it may well have been wrong
Any news on when the next delivery maybe?
I saw an image online today of 5 x 777 units in Poland awaiting delivery.
(30/12/2020 18:39)508134 Wrote:  Any news on when the next delivery maybe?
I saw an image online today of 5 x 777 units in Poland awaiting delivery.

As I mentioned in a previous post, it seems that whilst Kirkdale, especially, is getting clogged up with units there are really no places to put new units. Once units have had their acceptance test, some have to be moved into store to accommodate new ones from Switzerland. For the time being it’s been agreed for the Polish ones to stay in Poland. Once the 777s start working passenger trains then some 507/8s can be moved for scrap and the situation should ease a little bit. But the units into service is a long way off at present as driver training hasn’t even begun yet.
I’ll let you know the next delivery date, but it will more than likely be from St Margrethan not from Poland
Severe disruption today between Ormskirk and Maghull, Hunts Cross and Liverpool South Parkway and from Rock Ferry towards Chester and Ellesmere Port due ice related problems on the third rail.

Services have resumed on the Northern line but currently there are still no trains past Rock Ferry.

Merseyrail have just announced an adjustment to the planned Sunday service timetable for tomorrow (New Years Day) with services on all lines starting 1 hour later than originally timetabled. Presumably so they can send a few test trains out on the lines to check and try clear them of any ice related issues overnight.
https://www.merseyrail.org/seasonal/adve...tions.aspx
(31/12/2020 14:20)508134 Wrote:  Severe disruption today between Ormskirk and Maghull, Hunts Cross and Liverpool South Parkway and from Rock Ferry towards Chester and Ellesmere Port due ice related problems on the third rail.

Services have resumed on the Northern line but currently there are still no trains past Rock Ferry.

Merseyrail have just announced an adjustment to the planned Sunday service timetable for tomorrow (New Years Day) with services on all lines starting 1 hour later than originally timetabled. Presumably so they can send a few test trains out on the lines to check and try clear them of any ice related issues overnight.
https://www.merseyrail.org/seasonal/adve...tions.aspx

There Merseyrails equivalent of the Russian Ice Breaker ships , not helped by a near 12 hour closure beforehand , a recipe for a late start even with the first hour dropped .

UPDATE 1915HRS ; Merseyrail have numerous trains with faults from today and a modified service may have to be introduced if the weather doesnt improve , there is presently Freezing Fog on the Wirral.
Merseyrail trains will start up approximately 7am on all lines (tomorrow 2nd January 2021) , after route proving trains have been on each line on both the Northern and wirral lines.
Also Southport trains revert to running to Hunts Cross from tomorrow.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)