Current time: 24/04/2024, 23:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MP Travel
RE: MP Travel
(17/10/2020 10:45)SK15 GZG Wrote:  If a driver has been with a company that long then they'll qualify for a Merseytravel pass anyway...

That’s true but it’s the principal of taking privileges away as soon as they leave the business, it comes across as if there’s no appreciation of their service.

Anyway, to get back on topic, MPT have bagged themselves a nice B7 with Eclipse bodywork. Any ideas what the 4th vehicle will be? Potentially the roadworthy Evo?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/10/2020 12:58)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  That’s true but it’s the principal of taking privileges away as soon as they leave the business, it comes across as if there’s no appreciation of their service.

Anyway, to get back on topic, MPT have bagged themselves a nice B7 with Eclipse bodywork. Any ideas what the 4th vehicle will be? Potentially the roadworthy Evo?

Is this an additional vehicle to the ex Stagecoach Eclipse Commuter previously mentioned or is it the same vehicle?
(17/10/2020 13:10)darylyates17 Wrote:  Is this an additional vehicle to the ex Stagecoach Eclipse Commuter previously mentioned or is it the same vehicle?
In addition to.
https://twitter.com/MPT_Gaz/status/13171...29/photo/1
(17/10/2020 14:53)iMarkeh Wrote:  In addition to.
https://twitter.com/MPT_Gaz/status/13171...29/photo/1

Certainly looks the part in that Lothian livery
The bigger operators tend to issue staff who retire a "retired staff pass"for them and there partner upto the date of death.
With Arriva , Even when the ex member of staff dies there husband/wife can still claim there pass I think.
Obviously the smaller operators will not do this due to costs etc.
(17/10/2020 21:03)motormayhem1 Wrote:  The bigger operators tend to issue staff who retire a "retired staff pass"for them and there partner upto the date of death.
With Arriva , Even when the ex member of staff dies there husband/wife can still claim there pass I think.
Obviously the smaller operators will not do this due to costs etc.
They don`t need to issue them anymore mind you as there the free pass given anyway my mum not got her First pass as she just got the
English National Concessionary Travel Scheme pass as not all drivers take the first pass.

I used to have to use my First Pass sometimes and my Stagecoach pass in Leeds as Arriva/Yorkshire Tiger had issues with First so drivers was told not to take each other passes. So it was lucky dip what pass a driver would take.
Just seen on Mersey Travel MP Travel will operate the X1 until the 31st December
(17/10/2020 21:15)trixmax2000 Wrote:  Just seen on Mersey Travel MP Travel will operate the X1 until the 31st December

Yeah I noticed that, presumably a ‘provisional’ date, as I doubt MP would have bought other buses just for a two month contract. Personally I think the route will remain with them so Runcorn don’t have the hassle of it. But we shall see!
Does anyone know if Howard's are still trading? I was going to ask on that thread but the thread is closed, and given that there's a good relationship between MP and Howard's, I thought I'd ask here.
(18/10/2020 19:57)AlexBus12 Wrote:  Does anyone know if Howard's are still trading? I was going to ask on that thread but the thread is closed, and given that there's a good relationship between MP and Howard's, I thought I'd ask here.

bustimes.org shows them as still operating the no. 2 school bus in Runcorn. Whether that is accurate or not I am unsure to be honest.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)