Current time: 30/04/2024, 14:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(21/06/2020 17:49)wirralbus Wrote:  To expand the network they will need more trains , with 52 units anything more than what they operate now will be a struggle .
This will also include 8 coach formations on some workings especially on the Ormskirk line. Southport services will be dependent on platform work at Southport , which is going to need some of the platforms requiring to be extended at the street end of the station due to pointwork not being able to be removed at the country end of the station.

I agree with you, maybe I should have expressed that. I was trying to put the point across that this should be seen as an oppurtunity to invest in public transport and I would definitely be very happy to see Merseyrail having to exercise their option to purchase extra units which would probably have to be dual mode to overcome lack of 3rd rail power.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/06/2020 20:26)507022 Wrote:  That’s why Merseytravel have got the option to buy more 777s at a future date.
At the moment Merseytravel’s finances are far from rosy and any network expansion and more trains will be several years away from even being started I would’ve thought

After the current situation and with the surely impending severe recession id say there's no chance of any extra units being built...
(22/06/2020 10:42)ls1911 Wrote:  After the current situation and with the surely impending severe recession id say there's no chance of any extra units being built...

When the previous build of 507/8 had 59 units , and the new units amount to 52 units there isnt much room to build any growth other than a speeding up of the timetable when all lines have the new units.

One place where a timetable change may make a saving is at southport where the possible layover could be shortened .

The Chester service could also get a benefit of a few more minutes layover with a speeded up timetable , its amazing how the leaf fall timetable produces no cancellations but the normal service causes untold misery to chester passengers and passengers at intermediate stations on the Hooton line.
Re the option to purchase extra units -what is the expiry date?

I have also been reading this blog - https://anonw.com/tag/class-777-train/ - which makes for interesting reading. Warning - it is about 40 pages long (as a pdf print) and also covers other classes and locations - so you will need to read down. Some interesting comparisons and observations.
Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all well on this uncomfortably warm night, can I ask please if anybody knows if any of the 777s are on test running tonight and over the next few days and also where they are running
(25/06/2020 21:11)313201 Wrote:  Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all well on this uncomfortably warm night, can I ask please if anybody knows if any of the 777s are on test running tonight and over the next few days and also where they are running

007 has started to go out, the routes vary from day to day and week to week.
Chester line testing has been one of the priorities lately and eight car running will take place
Are we heading for a three week run of deliveries of more 777 units on the 1st, 8th and 15th July?
All these three schedules appears as "Altered WTT schedule" on RTT for these three dates compared to all other dates booked from Dollands Moor.

Also looks as though a timetable change is coming from 6th July. Southport-Hunts Cross returning to 15 min service, all other lines Sunday 30 min service with early start times.
(27/06/2020 12:34)508134 Wrote:  Are we heading for a three week run of deliveries of more 777 units on the 1st, 8th and 15th July?
All these three schedules appears as "Altered WTT schedule" on RTT for these three dates compared to all other dates booked from Dollands Moor.

Also looks as though a timetable change is coming from 6th July. Southport-Hunts Cross returning to 15 min service, all other lines Sunday 30 min service with early start times.

Timetable change comes in on 5 July and the next 777 delivery won’t be till the 8th or 15th July at the earliest with possibly an 8 or 12 car coming across
(27/06/2020 16:00)507022 Wrote:  Timetable change comes in on 5 July and the next 777 delivery won’t be till the 8th or 15th July at the earliest with possibly an 8 or 12 car coming across

Any ideas what unit numbers they maybe and what factory they are coming from?
Im sure Merseytravel and the Metro Mayor will want to get some of these new trains into service befor the end of the year .

Now that the service is starting to ramp up a bit more the fleet will have to be managed now as there is only 58 units to play with now. So some peak hour diagrams may start to see the same sets drop on to them to balance out mileage.

User(s) browsing this thread: 28 Guest(s)