Current time: 07/05/2024, 10:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(22/08/2012 18:56)SF07 Wrote:  37555 running on the 83 today still with the First for London advert on the side of the bus. Meanwhile, 37560 had advert on the side promoting 'new' eco-friendly buses for the 82/83, although it looks like it has resurrected the old adverts from about 3 years ago when the B9s originally arrived on the route.

is 37556 back at Oldham yet from the games
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/08/2012 12:11)Mayneway Wrote:  At about 10.50 this morning in Ashton town centre I noticed an out of service unbranded B9TL bring driven by a pioneer driver in casual clothes. There was a lady in full First clobber taking to him though the open cab door.

Now I could be wrong but could this be driver familiarisation??

Unfortunately I was unable to get the fleetnumber.

the lady in question is the green drive mgr / trainer at oldham (although she hasnt a clue) the bus was 37373 as it was used for 6 drivers today who work early`s (they wernt in uniform cos its there day off ) and havent driven it. it will be out of service during the next week or so, so they can ensure all the drivers have driven it for at least an hour each to get used to it

hope this helps you guys
(22/08/2012 19:25)james Wrote:  
(22/08/2012 12:11)Mayneway Wrote:  At about 10.50 this morning in Ashton town centre I noticed an out of service unbranded B9TL bring driven by a pioneer driver in casual clothes. There was a lady in full First clobber taking to him though the open cab door.

Now I could be wrong but could this be driver familiarisation??

Unfortunately I was unable to get the fleetnumber.

the lady in question is the green drive mgr / trainer at oldham (although she hasnt a clue) the bus was 37373 as it was used for 6 drivers today who work early`s (they wernt in uniform cos its there day off ) and havent driven it. it will be out of service during the next week or so, so they can ensure all the drivers have driven it for at least an hour each to get used to it

hope this helps you guys

James is this one staying at Dukinfield will they still be running the Oldham part or will Oldham depot be doing that bit
The big question being...... Will these eventually be branded for the 348/350 or will they just have the 'Greater Manchester' branding.

I can imagine the die hard pioneer drivers who have been there a while are very excited at the prospect of buses of a young age finally being allocated to them. Pioneer has been the dumping ground for many years.
(22/08/2012 20:24)Mayneway Wrote:  The big question being...... Will these eventually be branded for the 348/350 or will they just have the 'Greater Manchester' branding.

I can imagine the die hard pioneer drivers who have been there a while are very excited at the prospect of buses of a young age finally being allocated to them. Pioneer has been the dumping ground for many years.

not sure they keep getting T-KLFs on loan at times

I would love to see them have Pioneer branding some of the drivers are ok on these routes at least 2 have been there since Pennine days red/yellow livered
Some pics I found on Flickr of 66856 in the new livery and the Enviros parked up at Bolton.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46868364@N04/7833585894/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46868364@N04/7833587588/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46868364@N04/7833589094/
Pioneer has no real significance in Tameside though, it's just the name on the licence.
Now if they brought back the First Pennine fleetname that would be good.
James is this one staying at Dukinfield will they still be running the Oldham part or will Oldham depot be doing that bit
[/quote]

350 is staying duki based not sure rumour on g/vine is 408`s mite be coming back after numerous complaints since om took over
re 37373 im not sure tbh how long its here/ if its staying. not seen anything about since i came back from the olympics. i was suprised to see it on my return so was a nice suprise
Just read on another forum that the following vehicles might be on their way to Bolton Depot from Leeds Hunslet Park Depot:

Bolton- 30800,31771/2
(23/08/2012 06:53)M60lad Wrote:  Just read on another forum that the following vehicles might be on their way to Bolton Depot from Leeds Hunslet Park Depot:

Bolton- 30800,31771/2

Thought BN was supposed to be getting rid of their crap not getting more in? Notice some of the S-NUGs are on their way to Birkenhead including S661/2NUG which were new to Bolton back in the day. Might have been nice if they'd come home......

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)