Current time: 06/05/2024, 18:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
Does anyone know about any new additions for Gilmoss depot? Other than Hydrogen buses for next year?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/09/2019 17:38)B7TL2907 Wrote:  Does anyone know where SN56 AWH has gone? I have not long ago seen the Enviro400 at Gilmoss Depot doing a few routes but recently, I have no idea where it is..

SN56 AWH is now with Stagecoach Manchester

There are no other Buses on order for Gillmoss currently

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Is 24170 still in use? according to the tracker it’s not been out since the 6th it’s now my last MANviro at GM.
(24/09/2019 12:20)darylyates17 Wrote:  Is 24170 still in use? according to the tracker it’s not been out since the 6th it’s now my last MANviro at GM.

It isn't (at the moment anyway) - it is parked up on the back wall of Gillmoss and has been for a few weeks - It is one of a few I haven't driven and I doubt I ever will lol

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(24/09/2019 15:02)buses7675 Wrote:  It isn't (at the moment anyway) - it is parked up on the back wall of Gillmoss and has been for a few weeks - It is one of a few I haven't driven and I doubt I ever will lol

Thanks for the confirmation 24170 is now (for the moment at least) the last vehicle for me at Gillmoss since I got the last 3 E400MMCs (10542,10571 & 10835) today
Looks like the X5 is getting withdrawn

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-up...:53:21:243

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Very disappointing as it was an excellent service that I used a number of times. However i could count on two hands the amount of passengers on it at any one time therefore it’s no surprise that it’s been withdrawn...
(08/10/2019 09:30)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Very disappointing as it was an excellent service that I used a number of times. However i could count on two hands the amount of passengers on it at any one time therefore it’s no surprise that it’s been withdrawn...

Think its operator speak for we will leave the area to Arriva and Halton Transport , who both depots nearer than Stagecoach.

Its an area that in the future Stagecoach may revisit , if there is a change to Transport policy after the upcoming General Election.
Out of curiosity, is there any difference in running costs between a single decker and a double decker? I've just seen someone on Twitter saying one of the mistakes Stagecoach made with the X5 was running double decker's on the route from the start even though it was only carrying a small number of people.
I doubt there is much difference, running a decker or not on the route won't matter on passenger numbers as if people are going to use it then they will. I think the main ptoblem with this route was the day/weekly passes being used on Arriva/Halton with services running a lot later. Plus then there is the train. Equally though, whilst this service hasn't been a great success, it gets Stagecoach known in the area for another assault or if Halton end up selling up at some stage. So maybe a means to an end.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)