Current time: 07/05/2024, 20:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(08/09/2019 16:44)Mrboo Wrote:  So for 3 Months you think Stagecoach should park up a good fleet of buses apart for Metrolink replacement that you could say is route branded so can't be used for this. The buses can't be used on Oxford road routes. I point out op disc as tfgm even list magic bus as a company. In same way Megabus use citylink coaches. When your short of buses you use what you have.

Go north east don’t seem to struggle with route branded buses on the wrong routes neither do Trent Barton so why do stagecoach make such a hash of it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/09/2019 01:57)Mayneway Wrote:  Go north east don’t seem to struggle with route branded buses on the wrong routes neither do Trent Barton so why do stagecoach make such a hash of it?

They do the Villager at Trent sometimes need to lend other branded buses. The reason you keep your branded buses on the planned route as you have X branded and X Spare non Branded but it does come down to how the routes work as First often had 409 buses on Manchester routes and 59 on the 409

a good video that was going around by Nottingham https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6DD2qK1sAs as you can see trying to keep branded buses on right route is a job the depot staff have a battle as they need to park buses at night in set order to get them out in service next day in order.

But Stagecoach uses there Magic buses in Summer as spare so they can do there MOT`s and other work on their standard fleet as they would have a number of buses parked up.

I work a lot with First West Special event team they use there Uni buses from Bristol and Bath they do Rail replacement and events with a there fleet at weekends and in Summer and their team of drivers often stay away from home. If Stagecoach was smart they would use them buses on Rail replacement and events all over the UK but even last year they did not use them at Derby when Arriva lend buses from Luton as they needed buses for burton to Derby. Stagecoach had Chesterfield to Derby and had any megabus or stagecoach express coach on it but could of done the Burton in my view. as it was a Stagecoach rail replacement
(09/09/2019 01:54)Mayneway Wrote:  The days of students living on a very tight budget and eating nothing but pot noodles are long gone and as it’s already been said all the competition has gone.

Except that’s totally incorrect. Stand on one of the most popular bus stops such as Wilmslow Park, Curry Mile South or Sainsbury’s Fallowfield and you’ll actively see people opting for a 143 instead of a 42B because it’s around 70p cheaper a single.

A lot of students (myself previously included) now stay in Manchester over the summer for work and their £210 Sept-June Unirider runs out, they will go for the cheaper Stagecoach option.
(09/09/2019 07:01)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Except that’s totally incorrect. Stand on one of the most popular bus stops such as Wilmslow Park, Curry Mile South or Sainsbury’s Fallowfield and you’ll actively see people opting for a 143 instead of a 42B because it’s around 70p cheaper a single.

A lot of students (myself previously included) now stay in Manchester over the summer for work and their £210 Sept-June Unirider runs out, they will go for the cheaper Stagecoach option.
I would have thought a Stagecoach student travel card/app, for them to access cheaper fares, would be a simple option.
I thought MagicBus branding was to be phased out with a new corporate identity, but it appears not yet a recent article in Coach & Bus Week suggests some ADL Enviro400 Hybrid's are to be turned into MagicBuses for the Oxford Road Corridor, which seams strange given the corporate image is due. It also stated that in future age wouldn't be a differential for the MagicBus fleet.
Saw 19402 on the 42 before. Has it changed depots?
(09/09/2019 13:37)gilbert Wrote:  Saw 19402 on the 42 before. Has it changed depots?

Also 19401 on the 42B about 6pm. Same question applies.
(09/09/2019 18:50)gilbert Wrote:  Also 19401 on the 42B about 6pm. Same question applies.

Both 19401 and 19402 have transferred to Hyde Road from Sharston.
Exciting update for you all today, I saw for first time the brand new E400MMC allocated to the 42B heading to Piccadilly today.
Just seen Middleton based 10851 on the 201. Looks like it's moved to Hyde Road.

User(s) browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)