Current time: 19/04/2024, 09:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
It may sound strange and crafty but could first hang on until such franchises occur and re grow?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/09/2019 09:41)johnluke Wrote:  It may sound strange and crafty but could first hang on until such franchises occur and re grow?
See that could happen with or without a base and in most cases they would of had to of got new buses for it in any case. They be able to go in cheap as be a new work force and could. Just setup a base in sat Trafford park like they did for west coast rail replacement.
(04/09/2019 18:47)johnluke Wrote:  What will happen with first
Are they staying in the north west as a minor or just waiting to offload everything they have got..to me seems a little mixed up

I think get rid over time, unfortunately offers not acceptable or simply not there in the case of Oldham, so they have downsized routes that require dead mileage to operate at Oldham, such as those in Ashton. With the Kirkholt circulars at Rochdale, how long before Rosso get interested in those, and those are no more? or could they pass on to Todmorden outstation and be operated on the end of a Burnley - Rochdale working? Just an idea!

Vantage till end of current contract, 2021, then probably a two way tussle at that time between Stagecoach and Diamond, depending on whether by that time Diamond is allowed again to bid for tenders.
Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Go Ahead acquired Oldham depot at some point in the future

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
(05/09/2019 16:51)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Go Ahead acquired Oldham depot at some point in the future
What is the maximum capacity at Queens Road? Could they just take on some services and buses by running them from Queens Road instead of taking on another depot. Something tells me that the physical depot is the issue and not the services/buses. People don't want the depot and the cost associated with that.
(05/09/2019 16:51)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Go Ahead acquired Oldham depot at some point in the future

Would make logical sense, I think first of all its a matter of getting Manchester right, then anything that can bolt on would be a likely growth strategy, If they can locate a base in the Leigh/Bolton area then a bid for Vantage might also be an option, as would Warrington's own Buses and Halton Transport if either of them come onto the market, in the longer term even Rotala could be an option for growth, but I think it needs to be slow small steps in order to avoid over stretching the operation, lets not forget as it stands now most of what First Manchester has/had is possibly still loss making and those opp's need to be turned around, starting with Queens Road, I don't think Go Ahead would want to add to its problems just yet by buying any more depots here at the moment but over time once that's straight then quite a bit could get acquired.
(05/09/2019 19:04)iMarkeh Wrote:  What is the maximum capacity at Queens Road? Could they just take on some services and buses by running them from Queens Road instead of taking on another depot. Something tells me that the physical depot is the issue and not the services/buses. People don't want the depot and the cost associated with that.

I'm not sure I'm afraid

SK15 GZG
(05/09/2019 21:11)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Would make logical sense, I think first of all its a matter of getting Manchester right, then anything that can bolt on would be a likely growth strategy, If they can locate a base in the Leigh/Bolton area then a bid for Vantage might also be an option, as would Warrington's own Buses and Halton Transport if either of them come onto the market, in the longer term even Rotala could be an option for growth, but I think it needs to be slow small steps in order to avoid over stretching the operation, lets not forget as it stands now most of what First Manchester has/had is possibly still loss making and those opp's need to be turned around, starting with Queens Road, I don't think Go Ahead would want to add to its problems just yet by buying any more depots here at the moment but over time once that's straight then quite a bit could get acquired.

I think you're absolutely spot on there

SK15 GZG
Someone on the loopy juice as on 37444 on top deck there a mobility priority seats signs
From 27th October First have cancelled the 68 Bolton - Trafford Centre and registered an 80 Oldham Circular via Lees and Holts Estate and a 426 Oldham Circular via Fitton Hill.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 30 Guest(s)