Current time: 29/03/2024, 09:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
(29/08/2019 17:23)Y474 KNF Wrote:  I wonder if these will start replacing the Centros?

Why would they replace the Centros with older buses?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/08/2019 12:12)Y727 KNF Wrote:  Why would they replace the Centros with older buses?

There's not much new stock being ordered by Arriva at the moment so it's very much "make do" for the time being. The only buses readily available to replace the Centros - which according to an earlier post are planned for withdrawal in the not too distant future - are the Cadets in the pool fleet

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
(30/08/2019 12:45)Y474 KNF Wrote:  There's not much new stock being ordered by Arriva at the moment so it's very much "make do" for the time being. The only buses readily available to replace the Centros - which according to an earlier post are planned for withdrawal in the not too distant future - are the Cadets in the pool fleet

Think the reason the centros are starting to be replaced is because they've been so unreliable & given winsford endless headaches plus with 2613 recently having caught fire I can't imagine will have helped their cause.

Also the cadets which are replacing them are usually very reliable & pull better. It's been noted apparently by a few drivers that the centros struggle with hills.

Of note as well today, macc have got gemini decker 4489 back. Now sporting the new arriva sky blue livery which suits it.
(30/08/2019 17:43)33109 Wrote:  Of note as well today, macc have got gemini decker 4489 back. Now sporting the new arriva sky blue livery which suits it.

4491 has also been painted in the new livery
(31/08/2019 15:48)Y727 KNF Wrote:  4491 has also been painted in the new livery

That explains why they've both been absent for the past couple of weeks or so. Today (31st) macc had cadet 2572 on crewe duties.
With regard to Centros being withdrawn soon, I haven't heard that to be the case, wifh the 54 plate Cadets being next in line I'm told due to the apparent Merseytravel imposed 15 year limit on vehicles operating in the Liverpool city region.

Also worth noting that in the next month or so, Winsfords engineering department witll be closing, with regular routine maintenance being carried out at Runcorn, and small running defects being rectified at Winsford. I should add theres no immediate plans to close Winsford depot completely, and traffic operations will continue as normal.

Coincidentally, Runcorn's 2547 is on loan to Winsford.
(13/09/2019 15:56)LT10 Wrote:  With regard to Centros being withdrawn soon, I haven't heard that to be the case, wifh the 54 plate Cadets being next in line I'm told due to the apparent Merseytravel imposed 15 year limit on vehicles operating in the Liverpool city region.

I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong but I'm fairly sure Winsford depot doesn't operate any services in the Liverpool City Region

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
Would it then be likely the Centros may move to Merseyside depots in exchange for Cadets as cheshire have no such age restrictions and the Centros would have around another 2 years left then?

Shutting down Winsford engineering side isn't a good sign. So the Macc buses will then have to go all the way to Runcorn for routine maintenance and repairs?

(13/09/2019 15:56)LT10 Wrote:  With regard to Centros being withdrawn soon, I haven't heard that to be the case, wifh the 54 plate Cadets being next in line I'm told due to the apparent Merseytravel imposed 15 year limit on vehicles operating in the Liverpool city region.

Also worth noting that in the next month or so, Winsfords engineering department witll be closing, with regular routine maintenance being carried out at Runcorn, and small running defects being rectified at Winsford. I should add theres no immediate plans to close Winsford depot completely, and traffic operations will continue as normal.

Coincidentally, Runcorn's 2547 is on loan to Winsford.

Works for me
(14/09/2019 05:25)Rick Hunter Wrote:  Would it then be likely the Centros may move to Merseyside depots in exchange for Cadets as cheshire have no such age restrictions and the Centros would have around another 2 years left then?

Shutting down Winsford engineering side isn't a good sign. So the Macc buses will then have to go all the way to Runcorn for routine maintenance and repairs?

The centros are now 13yrs old so they've got another 2yrs yet before they hit withdrawal age. If the engineering side moves to runcorn it'll be a pain in the neck as it's a lot of dead mileage running from macc or winsford to runcorn.

Cadets will be good to work out of winsford as they've got decent capacity & have a bit more grunt to get up the hills.
If as you claim the Centros are such rubbish why woud Merseyside want them?
Perhaps Runcorn may make a better job of maintaining both the Centros and the Geminis?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles

User(s) browsing this thread: