Current time: 27/04/2024, 15:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(23/08/2019 05:48)M60lad Wrote:  So what happens to Oldham now does it stay as it is? Or will they revalue the depot and try for another sale?

My money says they'll keep it for now, and possibly administer it from Leeds - it's only 18 miles over the A62 to Huddersfield after all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/08/2019 19:39)trixmax2000 Wrote:  And looks like the Vantage Buses are using the Arriva Bolton Depot for parking

Does anyone know where the Vantage buses are being maintained
(23/08/2019 08:53)lincman Wrote:  Does anyone know where the Vantage buses are being maintained

At the Arriva Bolton Depot

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(23/08/2019 07:35)EDB325 Wrote:  My money says they'll keep it for now, and possibly administer it from Leeds - it's only 18 miles over the A62 to Huddersfield after all.

I was told by a travel shop employee at Oldham that drivers had said there are no corporate offices left now and everything is already administered by West Yorkshire. This was about 4 months ago, how accurate this is I don’t know.
(23/08/2019 10:45)acocker96 Wrote:  I was told by a travel shop employee at Oldham that drivers had said there are no corporate offices left now and everything is already administered by West Yorkshire. This was about 4 months ago, how accurate this is I don’t know.

My personal guess is First will keep hold of Oldham until Vantage at Bolton goes at the earliest and then they will decide to put it up for sale again or close it but this is just a guess so I’ll probably wrong
Some of their lower earning routes go after next week so that could make the Depot more attractive. It is also in a prime location for operators who want to come into Greater Manchester or make their network bigger

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Could it be fair to say the physical depot is the issue. The depot is really big and historic so probably costly to maintain. They are limited as to what they can do as it's a listed building isn't it.

People are probably best finding their own garages and just buying the buses, routes and transfer drivers.
(23/08/2019 08:53)lincman Wrote:  Does anyone know where the Vantage buses are being maintained

Volvo at Trafford Park do all the general maintenance on them. There's usually one or two there most of the time.
One of the Gemini 2s, either 36279/80 was parked at the Arriva/Vantage depot, presume these are now based there as previously they were at Oldham
(22/08/2019 10:35)Mayneway Wrote:  Not surprising when they have completely over valued it.

Do you have information on what value First placed on Oldham.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)