Current time: 07/05/2024, 10:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
The whole scenario is a mess .only passengers will suffer...PUBLIC transport should come first ..bring on the franchises ..what's happening now is giving more weight to the franchising system
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/07/2019 09:11)Rodney259 Wrote:  I wonder as they are getting rid of all short routes whether they will try and sell the ‘trunk’ routes either separately or more likely in packages? I think all four main Manchester operators would be interested in some or all of them.

Who are you referring to as "they"? First don't own any routes so a route is not theirs to sell. Ownership will only become a reality should franchising ever be introduced. With the current legislation, any operator can register any route.
(23/07/2019 15:56)Barney Wrote:  Who are you referring to as "they"? First don't own any routes so a route is not theirs to sell. Ownership will only become a reality should franchising ever be introduced. With the current legislation, any operator can register any route.
Maybe I didn’t explain myself clearly. Isn’t it possible they may ‘sell’ routes and vehicles to other operators on a piecemeal basis rather than the whole depot and it routes/vehicles? It would avoid new owner having to exit Oldham which I understand is scheduled for change of use.
(22/07/2019 18:32)joe_alker Wrote:  First have submitted cancellations for the 24 to Rochdale and the 38, 39, 331, 333, 389 & 393 in Ashton.

Cancellations also in place for 454/457. There has been a new registration today from First West Yorkshire for a 588 service in Rochdale. Don't know if this is a partial replacement for the 454/457.

PB0000815/993 Registered
FIRST WEST YORKSHIRE LTD
Route: Rochdale Interchange to Rochdale Interchange
Service number: 588 ()
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 01 Sep 2019
Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day )
Reported elsewhere online is the arrival with First Essex of 66846 (MX05CGV), 66848 (MX05CGZ) & 66860 (MX05CHY), all from Oldham I believe....two more expected there next weekend....

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(27/07/2019 18:24)gka472l Wrote:  Reported elsewhere online is the arrival with First Essex of 66846 (MX05CGV), 66848 (MX05CGZ) & 66860 (MX05CHY), all from Oldham I believe....two more expected there next weekend....

HTH
Are the Solos still being used at Oldham?
(27/07/2019 18:42)darylyates17 Wrote:  Are the Solos still being used at Oldham?

Someone else will correct me if I’m wrong but most have been withdrawn I believe.
What are First planning to do with the 11 Plate B7RLEs since they are not being loaned to Rotala will First keep them for the 2 & 68?
I may have missed it but is there a date for Rotala taking over Bolton??

Cheers

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(30/07/2019 17:23)gka472l Wrote:  I may have missed it but is there a date for Rotala taking over Bolton??

Cheers

11 August (next Sunday). Now listed on their website.

Quote:On Sunday 11th August 2019, the First Manchester Weston Street depot in Bolton, will transfer across to the bus operator Diamond Bus North West (DBNW).

DBNW will initially operate the same services, with no change to fares or timetables. DBNW will accept valid First tickets until further notice. First will also accept the equivalent tickets issued by DBNW. Furthermore, tickets issued by Go North West (GNW) will also be valid on DBNW buses as well as First and visa versa.

DBNW also have the availability of purchasing m-tickets online via their app and their website http://www.diamondbuses.com will be updated with service and ticketing information. Tickets bought through their app will be valid on DBNW; First & GNW buses, furthermore mTickets bought through the First Bus App will be valid on all 3 operators’ buses.

The transfer of services will affect the following bus timetables:

Service no. Route

2 Bolton [U] - intu Trafford Centre (Daytime Operation only)

8 Bolton [Y] - Manchester Shudehill [H]

36 Bolton [W] - Manchester Piccadilly [P]

37 Bolton [X] - Manchester Piccadilly [P]

68 Farnworth - intu Trafford Centre (Daytime Operation only)

162 Norden - Manchester Piccadilly [A]

163 Bury [B] - Manchester Piccadilly [A]

471 Bolton [E] - Rochdale [C]

472 Bury [P] - Ramsbottom (Circular)

474 Bury [R] - Ramsbottom (Circular)

501 Farnworth - Johnson Fold

507 Bolton [B] - Harwood (Circular)

511 Bolton [H] - Bury [J]

524 Bolton [J] - Bury [O]

561 Bolton [D] - Withins (Circular)

562 Bolton [D] - Withins (Circular)

582 Bolton [R] - Leigh [C]

X39 Manchester Piccadilly [P] - Farnworth

Please note;

First Manchester will continue to operate services 2 & 68 in the evenings only
First Manchester will continue to operate the Vantage service with no changes to the route

https://www.firstgroup.com/greater-manch...ice-update

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)