Current time: 07/05/2024, 15:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(06/07/2019 14:10)Metroline1511 Wrote:  At present route 2 has some tendered evening journeys but route 68 is all commercial. I wonder what would run the route 2 journeys unless some single-decks move to Rusholme for a part allocation on route 68. These would then cover the evening route 2 tendered journeys.

Evening 68 is now tendered this changed the same time has the 501s
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I've just posted similar on Diamond Bus Northwest thread but considering 582 is due to get some new electric buses shortly will these now arrive in First or Diamond Bus livery?
(07/07/2019 07:35)M60lad Wrote:  I've just posted similar on Diamond Bus Northwest thread but considering 582 is due to get some new electric buses shortly will these now arrive in First or Diamond Bus livery?

Its likely the electric buses will not now Go Ahead as the money was awarded to First Manchester and not Diamond North West, situations like this have happened in the past and the money usually goes back into the pot for the next Green Bus Fund Bids for other bidders, elsewhere, within the Country. The 582 will likely be operated by Wright Streetlite MAX's or Wright StreetDeckers.
(06/07/2019 20:47)jonathon890 Wrote:  Evening 68 is now tendered this changed the same time has the 501s

OK, I expect that was April 28th. I must have seen an out-of-date timetable for route 68. I would still be surprised if First allocate a handful of Eclipses to Rusholme just for these tenders. I dount TfGM would allow Vantage double-decks to cover evening route 2 & 68 tenders.
It is interesting to see the that First Oldham have removed all the Moston turnbacks during the daytime, and it left a weird frequency on sundays with 2 first services and 1 stagecoach service every hour.

It does make me think is this the way that First are planning on dispose there Oldham Depot by scaling down the services and firmly run the services into the ground so they will have no routes left to sell so they can exit that way.
If oldham depot do scale down routes it would be better stagecoach taking over the manchester routes 81/82/184 and the ashton routes 346/388/409

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know
(08/07/2019 12:15)jonesy3001 Wrote:  If oldham depot do scale down routes it would be better stagecoach taking over the manchester routes 81/82/184 and the ashton routes 346/388/409

346 already goes at end of the month. stagecoach increases its frequency
Stagecooach cant buy anymore routes in Manchester, Will most likely be a Transdev target

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(08/07/2019 13:31)T42 PVM Wrote:  Stagecooach cant buy anymore routes in Manchester, Will most likely be a Transdev target

I do have a feeling that Transdev will take over Firsts Oldham routes
Transdev have said they’re looking to increase their business presence in the North, I can’t see them turning down an opportunity to expand from a desperate seller.

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)