Current time: 02/05/2024, 07:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(30/06/2019 12:13)Winston Wrote:  No worries, transfers are 'normally' cascaded under their own power.

Was it a blue wrecker with yellow writing like this?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bigdan14025/42648085965

I seem to remember it was a silver wrecker.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Wont be long before i cant do this, Fleet changes for June:

53143 MX54 GZA is reinstated assuming at Oldham.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I wonder if the contract terms for Vantage make it financially preferable for TfGM to take it off them, rathen than them giving it up. How many drivers are going to opt for alternate weeks of 04.00 starts to fetch a bus from Rusholme and getting home at 01.00 after parking up there?
(02/07/2019 07:33)mikestone Wrote:  I wonder if the contract terms for Vantage make it financially preferable for TfGM to take it off them, rathen than them giving it up. How many drivers are going to opt for alternate weeks of 04.00 starts to fetch a bus from Rusholme and getting home at 01.00 after parking up there?

Most probably a few as they may not be intrested in working for rotala.
The drivers are Contracted to the Vantage so they don't get much choice. They can leave by all means but dmFirst/Rotala don't have to offer them a job at Bolton. As for the Yellow School buses. Drivers are on a part time, 20 hour a week contract. Add dead mileage from Rusholme to North Manchester at rush hour twice a day, that's going to wind up being more than 20 hours.
Thought the yellow school buses were run by belle vue? It has their name on the side of some yellow school buses I've seen. Or have I got my wires crossed with other school work.
There's quite a few companies operate Yellow Schools in the same way as the Green Hybrids
The Yellow school buses are not transferring to Rusholme the contract is due to end at Bolton, all that is going to Rusholme is the Vantage contract simply because its the only base available to operate it from, not out of choice. There is a real likelihood that many staff will leave and the service will get poor being effected by traffic, so I can see the contract being taken from FirstGroup and re-assigned to another operator.

Simply the main issue is all the timetable's start at Leigh, Atherton or Ellenbrook except evening peaks in reverse, and all staff live in Bolton or Leigh area's so its really not a suitable premises the best think for Rusholme would be for the owner to demolish it and sell it off as University accommodation, and to move the buses somewhere else, e.g. to Rotala or Stagecoach along with TUPE of the drivers, thats what will happen in eighteen months in anycase. Plus First have just added to the cost of the contract my adding mileage onto the vehicles which in turn means more fuel and more ware and tare and also longer staff hours so if it wasn't causing a massive loss before it will be now. In preference to Rusholme it would be easier to operate it from Oldham as the M60 could be use to move vehicles and staff around North Manchester quickly.

Also what happens if a bus breaks down in Leigh are FirstVantage going to ask passengers to wait for 2 hours while they bring out another vehicle, especially at Peak times?

The long term future of Vantage really now see's it passing to Stagecoach and being operated from Wigan or going to Rotala and being operated from Atherton depot, but that's for a future biding round.
(02/07/2019 09:51)33109 Wrote:  Thought the yellow school buses were run by belle vue? It has their name on the side of some yellow school buses I've seen. Or have I got my wires crossed with other school work.
There a number of Y routes and each route goes to tender. the ones as of start of this year terms did GNW take any on cant remember if so 16 buses could run out or Oldham as close to Motorway for Bolton

BOLTON – BROWNLOW FOLD – THORNLEIGH COLLEGE Service Y43
AINSWORTH/BRADLEY FOLD – RADCLIFFE – PRESTWICH – ST MONICA’S Services Y54/Y42
Strangeways / Hightown / Cheetham Hill / Crumpsall Services Y1 / Y2
Failsworth / Newton Heath Service Y8
Ancoats / Miles Platting / Newton Heath Service Y9
SHOLVER – MOORSIDE - BLESSED JOHN HENRY NEWMAN COLLEGE Service Y5
MOSTON – NEW MOSTON – CHADDERTON - RADCLYFFE SCHOOL Service Y71
SMALLBRIDGE – FALINGE PARK HIGH SCHOOL Service Y84
BIRCH HILL – WARDLE – FIRGROVE – ST CUTHBERT’S Service Y39
LITTLEBOROUGH – SMALLBRIDGE – FIRGROVE – ST CUTHBERT’S Service Y83
SHORE – SMITHY BRIDGE – ST CUTHBERT'S Service Y31
HATTERSLEY - GODLEY – HYDE – GEE CROSS – ALDER COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL Service Y16
OLDHAM – GREAT ACADEMY ASHTON Service Y44
DUKINFIELD – HYDE - DENTON – ASHTON – SAMUEL LAYCOCK SCHOOL Service Y77
(02/07/2019 10:59)Mrboo Wrote:  There a number of Y routes and each route goes to tender. the ones as of start of this year terms did GNW take any on cant remember if so 16 buses could run out or Oldham as close to Motorway for Bolton

BOLTON – BROWNLOW FOLD – THORNLEIGH COLLEGE Service Y43
AINSWORTH/BRADLEY FOLD – RADCLIFFE – PRESTWICH – ST MONICA’S Services Y54/Y42
Strangeways / Hightown / Cheetham Hill / Crumpsall Services Y1 / Y2
Failsworth / Newton Heath Service Y8
Ancoats / Miles Platting / Newton Heath Service Y9
SHOLVER – MOORSIDE - BLESSED JOHN HENRY NEWMAN COLLEGE Service Y5
MOSTON – NEW MOSTON – CHADDERTON - RADCLYFFE SCHOOL Service Y71
SMALLBRIDGE – FALINGE PARK HIGH SCHOOL Service Y84
BIRCH HILL – WARDLE – FIRGROVE – ST CUTHBERT’S Service Y39
LITTLEBOROUGH – SMALLBRIDGE – FIRGROVE – ST CUTHBERT’S Service Y83
SHORE – SMITHY BRIDGE – ST CUTHBERT'S Service Y31
HATTERSLEY - GODLEY – HYDE – GEE CROSS – ALDER COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL Service Y16
OLDHAM – GREAT ACADEMY ASHTON Service Y44
DUKINFIELD – HYDE - DENTON – ASHTON – SAMUEL LAYCOCK SCHOOL Service Y77

Go North West did take on school services based at Queens Road with three Yellow School Buses, as for those at Bolton the contract will end in July, they have been won by Tyrer's, and therefore will go there.

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)