Current time: 06/05/2024, 09:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester Community Transport
RE: Manchester Community Transport
(09/06/2019 07:13)Metroline1511 Wrote:  On Wednesday I saw a 67-reg mini-Enviro200 on route 391. Even if it had enough seats, this might not bode well for trying to ride an Enviro200-MMC on it without risking waiting an hour.

Are there any capacity issues on the 391/392 route? I think the contract was let on the basis that buses with a minimum seated capacity of 23/25 are used, which suggested the local council thought usage per service was lower than the 88 route and at a similar level to the 19 route.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Apparently MCT are moving from the yard in Rochdale at Mandale Park that they share with Rosso shortly and moving to premises in Chadderton off Drury Lane in the next 6 weeks or maybe longer, this will make it easier and a more central location for services that they operate in the Oldham and Ashton areas plus Rochdale isn't that far away either.
(09/06/2019 19:02)M60lad Wrote:  Apparently MCT are moving from the yard in Rochdale at Mandale Park that they share with Rosso shortly and moving to premises in Chadderton off Drury Lane in the next 6 weeks or maybe longer, this will make it easier and a more central location for services that they operate in the Oldham and Ashton areas plus Rochdale isn't that far away either.

I've seen a tweet confirming they have to leave Rochdale depot but there was no contracts signed anywhere. Doubt it'll be Drury lane as everywhere is being used
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(09/06/2019 07:13)Metroline1511 Wrote:  On Wednesday I saw a 67-reg mini-Enviro200 on route 391. Even if it had enough seats, this might not bode well for trying to ride an Enviro200-MMC on it without risking waiting an hour.

There was an issue regarding the retarder on one of the MMC's last week so it remained in the depot to be inspected by engineering, so one of the 67 plate Enviros normally used on the X5/18 was drafted in.
Given it's in the same Livery as the MMC's and only 1 and a half years older I doubt many punters even noticed a difference.
Also I believe the only contract spec is as mentioned already capacity so in theory any of the Enviro200's and even the old Dart could be used Wink
(09/06/2019 19:59)NorthernCounties Wrote:  I've seen a tweet confirming they have to leave Rochdale depot but there was no contracts signed anywhere. Doubt it'll be Drury lane as everywhere is being used

HCT have acquired a site of drury lane in Hollinwood. It's currently in the process of having fuel tanks and a bus wash put in.
Staff have been given no dates for the move yet but it is going to be happening later this year. I suspect Rochdale will move over first with Stockport trickling over afterwards as it's going to be a massive task.
(10/06/2019 11:29)Mayneway Wrote:  HCT have acquired a site of drury lane in Hollinwood. It's currently in the process of having fuel tanks and a bus wash put in.
Staff have been given no dates for the move yet but it is going to be happening later this year. I suspect Rochdale will move over first with Stockport trickling over afterwards as it's going to be a massive task.

Can't see Stockport moving,as Phil stockley said there were no plans to move
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(12/06/2019 11:24)NorthernCounties Wrote:  Can't see Stockport moving,as Phil stockley said there were no plans to move

It’s happening there’s no ifs or buts about it. Rochdale have to be out of Rosso’s Yard and the lease on Crossley park is up in September.
We have already lost about 4 very good decent drivers over the last few weeks who don’t have cars, live in Stockport and don’t want to travel.
(10/06/2019 11:25)Mayneway Wrote:  There was an issue regarding the retarder on one of the MMC's last week so it remained in the depot to be inspected by engineering, so one of the 67 plate Enviros normally used on the X5/18 was drafted in.
Given it's in the same Livery as the MMC's and only 1 and a half years older I doubt many punters even noticed a difference.
Also I believe the only contract spec is as mentioned already capacity so in theory any of the Enviro200's and even the old Dart could be used Wink

Oh that explains the substitution. While the 67-reg is perfectly fit for purpose and fairly comfortable, I was reflecting the enthusiast's point of view of missing out on an MMC.
(15/06/2019 10:07)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Oh that explains the substitution. While the 67-reg is perfectly fit for purpose and fairly comfortable, I was reflecting the enthusiast's point of view of missing out on an MMC.

Hopefully once the novelty has worn off the MMC’s will start seeing use elsewhere on a Sunday. They do look and sound like decent buses I’d certainly enjoy showing one off on my normal late turns Smile
(16/06/2019 01:13)Mayneway Wrote:  Hopefully once the novelty has worn off the MMC’s will start seeing use elsewhere on a Sunday. They do look and sound like decent buses I’d certainly enjoy showing one off on my normal late turns Smile

Yes, it is a pity that they are not currently used on Sundays. A route that is not MCT on Mon-Sat daytimes would be good, such as route 197.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)