Current time: 04/05/2024, 03:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
It may sound an odd one here but why dont tfgm buy their own buses and simply employ their own staff for the busway
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/06/2019 12:22)johnluke Wrote:  It may sound an odd one here but why dont tfgm buy their own buses and simply employ their own staff for the busway
Local authorities are not allowed to operate bus services. It is prohibited under the Bus Services Act.
Ah ok but it's just a simple solution
There a loophole own the shares with a few non for profit organisations and even lend them the cash and Tfgm could use MAG also
First have cancelled the 346 from July!
(11/06/2019 12:33)iMarkeh Wrote:  First have cancelled the 346 from July!

Hardly surprising it’s not that busy.
(11/06/2019 12:33)iMarkeh Wrote:  First have cancelled the 346 from July!

Stagecoach run an alternate service anyway, never seem to be very busy loading wise from my observations.

Looking at the timetable however on tfgm, looks like first run the sunday daytime service commercially so just have to wait and see what happens there.
(12/06/2019 11:07)Manc93 Wrote:  Stagecoach run an alternate service anyway, never seem to be very busy loading wise from my observations.

Looking at the timetable however on tfgm, looks like first run the sunday daytime service commercially so just have to wait and see what happens there.

Stagecoach have tried several things to up numbers on their 346’s including re-routing their journeys up to the hospital and past the college but it didn’t last long.

I would imagine the Sunday service will end up being tendered out.
Vantage V3 is to be withdrawn from July
Just off topic something that relates to something I mentioned earlier ......in Scotland it has just been passed whereas local councils can start municipal bus companies

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)