Current time: 08/05/2024, 08:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Well the vehicle transfer rumours to appear to have something in them as a Volvo B7RLE has gone in the opposite direction to Oldham from Queens Road, but I am unsure why this has happened as I've said before any body with half a bit of sense would simply move stuff onto Queens Road and not all over the place. Unless of course its to do with Andy Burnham's plan that was released slightly later to charge buses older than 62 reg £100 for entering Greater Manchester and therefore Go Ahead threaten to pull out of the deal so its some sort of softener to keep them as buyer, rather than go back to the market place.

As for other depots I think that is some time off so possibly time to sort something out in regards to that, like transferring stock in from elsewhere if a buyer demands it, or a low purchase price.

I also understand that Vantage will not go to any buyer and FirstGroup will retain this, however it is less clear with the 582, as the staff are interlinked between both routes and also the Green bus fund recently announced for electric vehicles that was won was dependable on electric buses for Vantage (also due) and electric buses for the 582 sharing the same charging points, so rather difficult if owned by two separate owners, therefore possibly likely that service will also remain with FirstGroup, unless the bid money is to be turned down or deferred in the case of the 582. Also if owned by a different operator there would be difficulty carrying Vantage staff on other operators buses and another issue is that the spare vehicles for Vantage operate on and off on service 582 especially the three 63 plate Volvo B7RLE's acquired from First Hampshire 69537-69539, and also at times 36279/80 . Presume these will be operated by First West Yorkshire on a small Manchester licence, perhaps a reactivated Pennine License.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/04/2019 14:56)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Well the vehicle transfer rumours to appear to have something in them as a Volvo B7RLE has gone in the opposite direction to Oldham from Queens Road, but I am unsure why this has happened as I've said before any body with half a bit of sense would simply move stuff onto Queens Road and not all over the place. Unless of course its to do with Andy Burnham's plan that was released slightly later to charge buses older than 62 reg £100 for entering Greater Manchester and therefore Go Ahead threaten to pull out of the deal

As I recall the GA deal was concluded in mid February. Whilst I was known that Client Earth were to take 8 out of 10 GM boroughs to court over illegal pollution levels, I can't see GMCA being close to a decision on what they would recommend to Andy Burnham to prevent legal action. Also, don't forget that it has been Easter holidays so inter-parliamentary loans are normal
This is a long shot but years ago (buses were still tomato red) First ran the 405 between Oldham and Limeside, though it may have gone as far as Derker, does anyone remember its actual terminus and possibly the route?

If it helps the buses used on the route we’re always Crusader and Pointer Darts and usually a northern counties Metrobus.
Not sure which ones but more Streetlites and Enviro400s are being transferred to Queens Road today with the service changes that have took effect from today/
(28/04/2019 09:44)acocker96 Wrote:  This is a long shot but years ago (buses were still tomato red) First ran the 405 between Oldham and Limeside, though it may have gone as far as Derker, does anyone remember its actual terminus and possibly the route?

If it helps the buses used on the route we’re always Crusader and Pointer Darts and usually a northern counties Metrobus.

I seem to recall a 404/405 service, that I think might have ran between Limeside and Moston via Oldham. Oldham-Moston route eventually becoming the 81/81A now. Derker was served for a number of years by the 412 service, before the Oldham-Derker section was replaced by the 81.
(28/04/2019 11:49)M60lad Wrote:  Not sure which ones but more Streetlites and Enviro400s are being transferred to Queens Road today with the service changes that have took effect from today/

Possibly some B9s going to Queen's as well with 37444 running on the 135s yesterday, either a loan or transfer from Oldham.
Just seen a little gem bus on 521 on bolton any more info? It looks good too
(30/04/2019 10:36)johnluke Wrote:  Just seen a little gem bus on 521 on bolton any more info? It looks good too

The name is owned by Go Goodwins and being used on a few routes they gained from Sunday
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/04/2019 11:49)M60lad Wrote:  Not sure which ones but more Streetlites and Enviro400s are being transferred to Queens Road today with the service changes that have took effect from today/

Enviro 400's 33831-33857 are due at Queens Road.
Are Queens getting rid of their B9s since Enviro400s have turned up?

User(s) browsing this thread: 40 Guest(s)