Current time: 05/05/2024, 18:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
First Huddersfield 32469 seen on 184 today
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I see Go ahead London are posting about job roles at Go northwest they are now looking for Engineering Apprentices https://www.goaheadlondon.com/careers So maybe the Running of GO North West will be run from London and not the North East would post on the Go thead but locked for now.
Find all posts by this user
Could it be due to the fact GoAhead London has a proper careers page and lists available jobs unlike Go North East which has a Survey Monkeys application form and just lists the 3 areas of jobs they employ?
(12/04/2019 02:10)iMarkeh Wrote:  Could it be due to the fact GoAhead London has a proper careers page and lists available jobs unlike Go North East which has a Survey Monkeys application form and just lists the 3 areas of jobs they employ?

Or the HR can't handle other depot and they maybe planning on running like London due to plans from Tfgm to tender out routes so the London team be more up for job
(12/04/2019 19:16)Mrboo Wrote:  Or the HR can't handle other depot and they maybe planning on running like London due to plans from Tfgm to tender out routes so the London team be more up for job
Won't GNW be a separate entity when it finally starts up properly. It's only the short term they want to take people on until Go North West website and subsidiary is set up. It will be like Go North East with it's own management teams won't it. I didn't get the impression it would be ran by management from other GoAhead companies.
(12/04/2019 20:13)iMarkeh Wrote:  Won't GNW be a separate entity when it finally starts up properly. It's only the short term they want to take people on until Go North West website and subsidiary is set up. It will be like Go North East with it's own management teams won't it. I didn't get the impression it would be ran by management from other GoAhead companies.

depends as I work in Rail replacement for abellio they use London depot as my home depot and for Stagecoach I work for Midland Red South it and used to work for First and that was First Beeline that did payroll, it only arriva that has own payrole and HR in rail replacement

is it worth setting up a payroll for 1 Depot even stagecoach dont and even first now use a payroll in Leeds along with a customer care centre. so it likey for North West to be a sub of London as they would be looking at running under same business case if andy get his way.
(13/04/2019 02:10)Mrboo Wrote:  depends as I work in Rail replacement for abellio they use London depot as my home depot and for Stagecoach I work for Midland Red South it and used to work for First and that was First Beeline that did payroll, it only arriva that has own payrole and HR in rail replacement

is it worth setting up a payroll for 1 Depot even stagecoach dont and even first now use a payroll in Leeds along with a customer care centre. so it likey for North West to be a sub of London as they would be looking at running under same business case if andy get his way.
"If Andy gets his way'? Apart from the fact the elected Mayor has less power than people think, heConfused running out of time - and Grayling knows it!
"If Andy gets his way'? Apart from the fact the elected Mayor has less power than people think, heConfused running out of time - and Grayling knows it!
[/quote]

Grayling knows absolutely nothing about anything especially how to organise the nation's transport infrastructure. If it wasn't for the ongoing shambles that is Brexit, Grayling would have been sacked a long time ago. The man is clueless.
I've read a newspaper article today that seems to suggest that neither Bolton or Oldham depots have yet been offered for sale at this stage, hence why no sale has yet been announced, although both are expected to be sold imminently, hence why nothing has yet happened, it seems therefore that we are talking about it being more mid term. This information follows the statement made by Rotala last week, which also suggests that they are interested in the remnants of First Manchester, and also have other operations that they are targeting and are also looking for a fleet in-between Manchester and Birmingham in order to bridge the gap between the two.

With this I guess the next couple of years will be interesting, along with the news that Stagecoach might be looking to buy some of the bus operations from Arriva along with Rotala also possibly picking at parts as well.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mark...ke-up.html
Not to sure whether loan or transfer but Enviro400 33846 and Streetlite 63147 have transferred from Oldham to Queens Road Depot whether anymore transfers are due before Go-Ahead take over I'm not to sure.

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)