Current time: 02/05/2024, 15:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Click Coming To Merseyside
RE: Arriva Click Coming To Merseyside
(05/03/2019 21:18)The Falcon Wrote:  At present plans are to expand the number of buses into service in the current South Liverpool area. Big recruitment drive at Speke and Birkenehad. Green Lane will be operational from April.

Other expansions around the U.K. are being looked into so it’s a case of watch this space!

Thanks for that
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/03/2019 23:32)jcksmnr Wrote:  Does anyone have the full list in service now? And are the same ones permanantly allocated to Birkenhead or can they switch between depots?

Those known to have entered service (all the 18-reg plus 1033) are in this list; the other three (yet to be reported in use) are RF68 FLD/FLM/FMD (which are presumably 1030-2, although I don't know in what order).

I'm pretty sure that the report of four 68-reg with different registrations (RK68 G__) are the same four rather than additional ones, because those VRMs never appeared on DVLA; I guess they were voided and new ones issued.

I believe the allocations remain the same, I base this on the fact that each vehicle has an identifying number (between 1 and 16) whilst in service, and it appears the lower part of this range is used by the Speke-based buses, and the higher end by the Birkenhead ones. If this is true, then ongoing observations suggest that the same vehicles remain in the same groups (though not always with the same individual number).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
1033 appeared not to carry reporting number 16 or fleet number last week

Cheers
Rob

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(06/03/2019 09:26)Quackdave Wrote:  I'm pretty sure that the report of four 68-reg with different registrations (RK68 G__) are the same four rather than additional ones, because those VRMs never appeared on DVLA; I guess they were voided and new ones issued.

Just a thought given the time of year, could they have been re-registered with 19 plates which came out on Friday, and be additional units?
(06/03/2019 09:26)Quackdave Wrote:  Those known to have entered service (all the 18-reg plus 1033) are in this list; the other three (yet to be reported in use) are RF68 FLD/FLM/FMD (which are presumably 1030-2, although I don't know in what order).

I'm pretty sure that the report of four 68-reg with different registrations (RK68 G__) are the same four rather than additional ones, because those VRMs never appeared on DVLA; I guess they were voided and new ones issued.

I believe the allocations remain the same, I base this on the fact that each vehicle has an identifying number (between 1 and 16) whilst in service, and it appears the lower part of this range is used by the Speke-based buses, and the higher end by the Birkenhead ones. If this is true, then ongoing observations suggest that the same vehicles remain in the same groups (though not always with the same individual number).

1015, 1016, 1018-1026 are Speke. 1017, 1027-1029 and 1033 (68 plate) are at Birkenhead.

There are 3 other 68 plates in Birkenhead and 6 in Wrexham. Fleet numbers 1030-1039 (less 1033 ad mentioned above)

Destination blinds are matched to the vehicle fleet and reg number. Click 1-10 and 12 Speke. Click 11, 13-16 are Birkenhead 1033 is click16 not yet programmed in.

All buses operated in the south liverpool area. Service is getting busier each day and recruitment taking place to increase the drivers to put more vehicles on the road and increase provision across the day especially to midnight.

If buses are carrying less busy that’s because the ride share nature might be that those passengers are going to places that no one else is so they are carried alone. An empty bus will be used first as part of the passenger experience.

Rider numbers have increased week on week with no drop since launch last year. The more vehicles put into service creates more efficient ride share options which means more and more people can be carried. Morning and evening rush hours now common to see 10+ passengers on!
(06/03/2019 16:45)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Just a thought given the time of year, could they have been re-registered with 19 plates which came out on Friday, and be additional units?

It’s possible the spares may be reregistered as 19 plates
(06/03/2019 00:35)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Are these now carrying adequate numbers of passengers for it to be sustained, as in the early days of opp's around Speke few passengers appeared to be being carried and buses looked to be running around empty?

In short Yes. Demand is exceeding supply at the moment hence big drive on recruitment to get the other 9 buses into service and maximise the current 16 to have as many in possible in service.
Thanks for the help re allocations.
(06/03/2019 18:11)The Falcon Wrote:  In short Yes. Demand is exceeding supply at the moment hence big drive on recruitment to get the other 9 buses into service and maximise the current 16 to have as many in possible in service.

That's good to hear I did see one in January with about 10 ppl on heading down Seel st in town about 10pm but that was the only time I have personally seen more than 2 passengers
According to form birkenhead are to increase there clicks from 5 to about 8 or 9 shortly due to rise in demand.

User(s) browsing this thread: