Current time: 28/03/2024, 16:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel Timetable Changes
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
(31/12/2018 08:26)iMarkeh Wrote:  Merseytravel wouldn’t be allowed to find the 407 extension. There are strict laws saying what you can and can’t fund. One of those rules is that you can’t fund a service if there is a viable commercial alternative.

@Busdude
The 418 has been tendered for a few months at least. I don’t know why it didn’t show up on the timetable.

I can’t possibly argue with your statement, however it would seem odd Arriva directly competing with Stagecoach. Considering they’ve dropped their bus provision in the past couple of years, I’d be surprised they’d take this up. Anyhow, I can’t see it lasting.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I think the 418/9 in its old guise a few tendered journeys on weekday and a whole mornings worth on a Saturday as a 218/9 at the time
(31/12/2018 00:51)mrd97 Wrote:  No, but bits and bobs all help I guess. For example, instead of extending the 407 to West Kirby (absolutely pointless, it literally follows the Railway to Birkenhead) they could of used that funding plus whatever they saved on the 216/217. I use this example as I believe Merseytravel have subsidised this extension, although I could be wrong.

There is already a service 38 running between Moreton and West Kirby , so there will be no funding for the extension of the 407
(31/12/2018 09:07)Turbostar19 Wrote:  Slightly off topic, but I had the opportunity to ride on service 129 yesterday. This runs once per week in each direction between Frankby Cemetery and Liscard.

Whilst there were some passengers on board, I can't help but feel that this sort of route is one where Merseytravel really should be considering whether it needsto operate. The great majority of the route is duplicated by other services (albeit with a change of bus being required), and other than being very convenient for those visiting the cemetery, I can't see that it's provision is a good use of scarce funding.

Having lived in Birkenhead for around a year now, I am beginning to wonder about some of Merseytravels decisions as regards supporting services.

Think this is a historic supported service of which there would be an outcry if it was pulled off as it goes to a Cemetery from an area where there is no direct service other than this service from .
Does make you wonder if there is a lot of wallasey residents interred in that cemetery.
(31/12/2018 09:07)Turbostar19 Wrote:  Slightly off topic, but I had the opportunity to ride on service 129 yesterday. This runs once per week in each direction between Frankby Cemetery and Liscard.

Whilst there were some passengers on board, I can't help but feel that this sort of route is one where Merseytravel really should be considering whether it needsto operate. The great majority of the route is duplicated by other services (albeit with a change of bus being required), and other than being very convenient for those visiting the cemetery, I can't see that it's provision is a good use of scarce funding.

Having lived in Birkenhead for around a year now, I am beginning to wonder about some of Merseytravels decisions as regards supporting services.
This is one of the most weird routes around. I don't understand why it is running. Regardless of any historic background, this is easy money which could be saved. I don't think a direct link to the cemetery is as important as those shopping, leisure and work links which many ex Avon routes provided.

(31/12/2018 10:48)mrd97 Wrote:  I can’t possibly argue with your statement, however it would seem odd Arriva directly competing with Stagecoach. Considering they’ve dropped their bus provision in the past couple of years, I’d be surprised they’d take this up. Anyhow, I can’t see it lasting.
Well. I think this is an area which has a PROVEN market. Stagecoach have 3 buses per hour along this area and haven't exactly changed much in recent years. Arriva know West Kirby - Birkenhead/Liverpool makes money as well with the 437. I think part of their issue is that they would just send 1 bus per hour onto West Kirby. Maybe 2 but that then makes the timetable very messy.

One more thing which I think we may have all overlooked which is genuinely smart is the Merseyrail Platform Upgrade works. From 7th April until 22nd April, there are no direct trains between West Kirby and Bidston or Birkenhead Central.... Now... Which route can they run which literally follows the train tracks? If they can pull people off the rail replacements and get people paying, it's easy money. They get paid for rail reps regardless. This just adds an additional revenue stream capitalising on the rail delays. I give it 6 months before they revert it. By which point, the works will all be off.
X3 (Liverpool - Kirkby/Knowsley Industrial Park) - Valid from 21st January 2019

Timetable revised - Fewer Monday to Friday journeys and Saturday service withdrawn.
Some early morning journeys now operate between Gillmoss and Liverpool city centre only.

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/getting-a...02019).pdf

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Have to wonder what is the point, probably be withdrawn altogether in a few months.
The 106 proposal was removed from the consultation page a week or so ago. No timetable has been uploaded. Have they just given up on it? Is there any more information or confirmation they’re changing the service?
Feedback from the X3 consultation now on Merseytravel's website https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/about-us...ation.aspx
The 140 timetable is now up, any news on the replacement?

User(s) browsing this thread: