Current time: 23/04/2024, 10:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
May I ask Brickmill where you've heard/read that the works to Reddish Bridge are to start next year? Only I've been wondering when these works are going to start and couldn't find anything online.

Its certainly going to be interesting for Hyde Road services when work does eventually start and I wonder whether we'll see any timetable changes to any of their services while this is on going.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17612 has been moved back to hyde road and is apparently to be painted into the old 'white' livery before entering preservation. Hopefully it remains in Manchester.
It had MOT prep done at Wigan then went for Class 5 MOT yesterday. Just needs a lick of paint and the mix and match moquette sorting out then it's good to go.
Picked up a leaflet with the new fares

Dayrider £4.80
Megarider £16
28 day Megarider £60

Middleton day £3.80
38 7-day £13

No change to most singles, £2 evening single, annual Megarider, Middleton 7 day, Magic rider/7 day, Wigan day/7day, stepping hill 7 day, school s or dog fares
(07/12/2018 17:46)urmstonian Wrote:  Picked up a leaflet with the new fares

Dayrider £4.80
Megarider £16
28 day Megarider £60

Middleton day £3.80
38 7-day £13

No change to most singles, £2 evening single, annual Megarider, Middleton 7 day, Magic rider/7 day, Wigan day/7day, stepping hill 7 day, school s or dog fares

Thanks for that. Slightly surprised the 38 version also increases by a full £1. Nothing on either of the MMCs I travelled on today, and nothing on the website yet either.

Under normal circumstances I would expect single fares to increase in April probably around the 10% mark, but there might be a lot of politicking between Perth, Manchester and Whitehall in the meantime.
(07/12/2018 07:26)M60lad Wrote:  May I ask Brickmill where you've heard/read that the works to Reddish Bridge are to start next year? Only I've been wondering when these works are going to start and couldn't find anything online.

Its certainly going to be interesting for Hyde Road services when work does eventually start and I wonder whether we'll see any timetable changes to any of their services while this is on going.

It first appeared on the MEN website last night, and as in the printed early editions (city only?) this morning. It also included forthcoming works in Ancoats. However, I have it on good authority that the story is somewhat premature as far as Reddish Bridge is concerned. Amongst other issues, there has been legal wrangling over a CPO for a good 5 years, and there is no suggestion this is close to being resolved. It is believed "unlikely" to happen in 2019/20.
Meanwhile, there may be good news as regards the MSIRR works. Can't comment on the Regent Road end, but as regards the A57M junctions, work is currently ahead of schedule, and weather permitting, it is hoped delays on the south and east side of the city will ease or completely disappear by Easter.
(07/12/2018 20:47)Brickmill Wrote:  Thanks for that. Slightly surprised the 38 version also increases by a full £1. Nothing on either of the MMCs I travelled on today, and nothing on the website yet either.

Under normal circumstances I would expect single fares to increase in April probably around the 10% mark, but there might be a lot of politicking between Perth, Manchester and Whitehall in the meantime.
Full fare changes are now online

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...nuary-2019
(07/12/2018 21:22)urmstonian Wrote:  Full fare changes are now online

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...nuary-2019

Thanks. I got as far as "We have continued to make our single fares (easier and) cheaper" and collapsed in hysterics.
(07/12/2018 17:04)Scania1996 Wrote:  It had MOT prep done at Wigan then went for Class 5 MOT yesterday. Just needs a lick of paint and the mix and match moquette sorting out then it's good to go.

Hopefully it retains its original moquette it's part of the buses history Smile
(07/12/2018 21:47)Brickmill Wrote:  Thanks. I got as far as "We have continued to make our single fares (easier and) cheaper" and collapsed in hysterics.

Managed to pick up a leaflet off a Sharston bus this morning - no leaflets on either of he HE buses I travelled on, but at least one had the poster fitted.

Maybe its because of the inertia as regarding "Bus Reform" - not least through outside factors *Brexit; the Failways and "CleanAir", all of which can be blamed largely on Westminster/Whitehall - I'm still trying to second guess, Stagecoach's timing and motivation. I guess with Single fares "mostly" not involved, they have decided that the less contentious period fares for full time/pay commuters, can be increased "quietly" whilst everybody continues the annual Autumn/Winter debate over Rail Fare increases by (shock, horror) the inflation rate. It might make page 21 of the MEN one day next week, but I don't think BBC NW or Granada Reports are going to mention it.

The only other thing in the mix - and this would give a clue as to what is going on "behind closed doors" - is where is the 2019/20 GBF bid process up to regarding the 105 e-buses?

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)