Current time: 26/04/2024, 16:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(31/10/2018 14:07)Brickmill Wrote:  I'm a little surprised as I understood from (then) contacts st Stagecoach that relations between Stagecoach and the Dunstan family were always good after Mike's dad retired from GMT/GMB - he was Stockport depot manager for many years. No idea about relations with GMPTE/TFGM but wouldn't have thought they would be anywhere near as bad as with certain Operators in that area. Notwithstanding all that, Stagecoach would logically be the only interested party allowed to bid as Bluebird ops were deep in First territory.

I was quite surprised as well as I always assumed Mr Dunstan had wanted out and had approached Stagecoach and offered the business to them but it seems it was the other way round. From what was said had Stagecoach and another operator, maybe transdev for example, shown an interest he would have sold to them rather than Stagecoach.
He has been quite critical of Stagecoach with various moves they have made with Middleton depot in the past.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Fleet Updates:

60188 V136 DND is showing as Taxed until January After showing as SORN last month.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(29/10/2018 12:53)Mrboo Wrote:  Well there been talk of Oldham being under West Yorkshire and Bolton being sold with First Manchester just being Queen road but I see Queen road being sold with Bolton if Oldham does goto Yorkshire control. But really first don`t want to pump money into First Manchester So I feel they will pull out as soon as Andy makes his mind up. I feel a deal will be done with Stagecoach to take over part of the routes in North Manchester by a simple withdrawal over a buy out. With queen road being sold for housing.

A tidy outcome could therefore be for Oldham to join First Leeds & Oldham (a renaming for a combined First West Yorkshire & Oldham), then Stagecoach to take over QR routes and Bolton sold to Transdev, Rotala or RATP Selwyns. Arriva would also be a good fit but probably not interested. Stagecoach would be interested but might not bid either in case the CMA didn't approve the sale.
(01/11/2018 06:59)M60lad Wrote:  Not to sure which ones but since the withdrawl of 42 Piccadilly-East Didsbury service Rusholme Depot have now lost some of the 14 plate Enviro400s which have now transferred and are now in service from Oldham Depot

It does now seem silly to have two route 42s in Manchester Piccadilly. We have traditional Stagecoach route to Stockport and newer First route to Middleton. Maybe the First route could be renumbered 46?
(03/11/2018 06:28)Metroline1511 Wrote:  It does now seem silly to have two route 42s in Manchester Piccadilly. We have traditional Stagecoach route to Stockport and newer First route to Middleton. Maybe the First route could be renumbered 46?
Chester has 3 route 1s..... (1 by Stagecoach, 1 by Arriva and one QBP with Stagecoach and Arriva) People seem to be ok with that. It's just a number. People are reasonably good at getting the right bus. Renumbering causes just as much confusion but it confuses a different set of people. Renumbering confuses normal passengers. Keeping it confuses people who are very unfamiliar with public transport and the local area.
(01/11/2018 06:59)M60lad Wrote:  Not to sure which ones but since the withdrawl of 42 Piccadilly-East Didsbury service Rusholme Depot have now lost some of the 14 plate Enviro400s which have now transferred and are now in service from Oldham Depot

33854 is one of them, it was on the 59 today.

I don't suppose anyone knows exactly which ex MetroShuttle hybrids are staying and which are going (let alone to where?). The electric Versas 49921-3 are definately staying and have received a yellow based livery. Versas 49102/11 & Solos 59001-4/7/8 seem to be retained in grey (or is it dull silver), but I reckon there should be at least two more (59005/6?) staying.
(03/11/2018 21:53)Brickmill Wrote:  33854 is one of them, it was on the 59 today.

I don't suppose anyone knows exactly which ex MetroShuttle hybrids are staying and which are going (let alone to where?). The electric Versas 49921-3 are definately staying and have received a yellow based livery. Versas 49102/11 & Solos 59001-4/7/8 seem to be retained in grey (or is it dull silver), but I reckon there should be at least two more (59005/6?) staying.

The batch transferred to Oldham is 33851-6.
So what Hybrids are redundant now the Free Bus PVR has been reduced?
Seen my first single deck volvo eclipse on the V1 today in leigh and looked rather packed out.
So are the Hybrid Versas leaving with the full electric Versas staying with the Solo Hybrids?

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)