Current time: 18/04/2024, 13:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Yorkshire
RE: Stagecoach Yorkshire
Must be a sign of getting old when there are Trident farewell days! Anyway Stagecoach Chesterfield is having a 'Trident Farewell Day' this Saturday, 13 August as the last few S & T reg ones are due to leave service shortly, they being 17004/7/8/9/50/8, as many as possible are hoped to be out on routes 25 & 84 on the day, with 'Megadekka' 14000 up from Bedford, and Fleetline 15513 also taking part. Advert on the Stagecoach website linked here https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/yorks...ugust-2016

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/08/2016 17:37)gka472l Wrote:  Must be a sign of getting old when there are Trident farewell days! Anyway Stagecoach Chesterfield is having a 'Trident Farewell Day' this Saturday, 13 August as the last few S & T reg ones are due to leave service shortly, they being 17004/7/8/9/50/8, as many as possible are hoped to be out on routes 25 & 84 on the day, with 'Megadekka' 14000 up from Bedford, and Fleetline 15513 also taking part. Advert on the Stagecoach website linked here https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/yorks...ugust-2016

HTH

I wonder whether these Tridents will be withdrawn or merely cascade elsewhere to replace some Stagecoach Olympians? I rode one in Northampton in May.
(13/08/2016 20:00)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I wonder whether these Tridents will be withdrawn or merely cascade elsewhere to replace some Stagecoach Olympians? I rode one in Northampton in May.

None DDA so will likely leave Stagecoach very soon, quite a few have left already from other areas (Redfern Travel of Mansfield have bought most so far.....)

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(13/08/2016 20:43)gka472l Wrote:  None DDA so will likely leave Stagecoach very soon, quite a few have left already from other areas (Redfern Travel of Mansfield have bought most so far.....)

HTH

I'm not entirely surprised. I have read about low-floor single-decks being adapted to be DDA-compliant. As the DDA deadlines were announced in 2001, even some low-floor double-decks might not have been DDA-compliant.
According to Steven Knight Media 19149 has arrived here from Stagecoach North East with further Enviro400s due to arrive from Stagecoach Manchester

19149 will be allocated to Ecclesfield
Gold 11125 noted in service yesterday - I assumed they were for the extension to Barnsley as the existing fleet were only 64 reg, but one was noted with branding removed on a 50a, while a standard livery bus on the X17.
(12/10/2018 10:57)mikestone Wrote:  Gold 11125 noted in service yesterday - I assumed they were for the extension to Barnsley as the existing fleet were only 64 reg, but one was noted with branding removed on a 50a, while a standard livery bus on the X17.
I was in Sheffield yesterday for the CAMRA Beer Festival, and noted 11118-23/5 on the X17. So only 11124 not picked up. The full run from Matlock to Barnsley takes 2 hours, so hunters are advised to aim for Sheffield or Chesterfield. Just miss one leaving Barnsley and you'll be waiting quite a long time for it to come back !
Regarding the other end of the age spectrum to the new Gold MMCs; The latest FleetCard shows 15415 still in service at Chesterfield, but I've a feeling I read somewhere it has actually now been withdrawn. If it is still in service which route(s) does it normally appear on.
Also, of the "withdrawn" 07-reg MANs, I see a few have transferred to North East, whilst others have now been returned to service in Yorkshire. Can anyone confirm 22421 is still withdrawn (again, last reported to be physically at Chesterfield) and/or is it too likely to be re-instated either in Yorkshire or elsewhere?

ta
(13/10/2018 20:39)Brickmill Wrote:  Regarding the other end of the age spectrum to the new Gold MMCs; The latest FleetCard shows 15415 still in service at Chesterfield, but I've a feeling I read somewhere it has actually now been withdrawn. If it is still in service which route(s) does it normally appear on.
Also, of the "withdrawn" 07-reg MANs, I see a few have transferred to North East, whilst others have now been returned to service in Yorkshire. Can anyone confirm 22421 is still withdrawn (again, last reported to be physically at Chesterfield) and/or is it too likely to be re-instated either in Yorkshire or elsewhere?

ta

Steven Knight report 15415 today as being withdrawn for disposal.
(12/10/2018 23:01)EDB325 Wrote:  I was in Sheffield yesterday for the CAMRA Beer Festival, and noted 11118-23/5 on the X17. So only 11124 not picked up. The full run from Matlock to Barnsley takes 2 hours, so hunters are advised to aim for Sheffield or Chesterfield. Just miss one leaving Barnsley and you'll be waiting quite a long time for it to come back !

Interestingly RouteOne refers to these vehicles having synthetic leather seats - is this what was previously called e-leather or one of the new vegetable based synthetics, does anyone know?

User(s) browsing this thread: