Current time: 06/05/2024, 18:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
One of the coaches was at Wirral Bus & Tram show today.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/10/2018 14:56)buses7675 Wrote:  I believe the remaining Enviro400s, 19034/9/40 are expected to go to Sharston soon - the two Poppy buses 19031/8 are expected to stay for now at least.

All five of these were in service in Liverpool today. Most, if not all on the 20.
(07/10/2018 16:19)buses7675 Wrote:  Not yet - Two of them see regular use, 53290 & 53258 but the others are still being prepared for use.

Incidentally I've uploaded my photo of the former Rennies coach 53297 which is now registered TSV720, ex 900RWX

53288 was on the X5 today. Not being a regular visitor, I was shocked to see that a flat (single) fare of £2.20 was valid all the way to Widnes.
£2.20 is the standard Stagecoach fare in the Liverpool area.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(08/10/2018 19:27)Brickmill Wrote:  53288 was on the X5 today. Not being a regular visitor, I was shocked to see that a flat (single) fare of £2.20 was valid all the way to Widnes.

Have loadings picked up on this yet?
(09/10/2018 08:38)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Have loadings picked up on this yet?

I did the X5 yesterday the coach had no more than 8 people at one time throughout the journey however it might be different at peak time or on weekends
(09/10/2018 11:02)Y727 KNF Wrote:  I did the X5 yesterday the coach had no more than 8 people at one time throughout the journey however it might be different at peak time or on weekends

Give it time , Stagecoach do slow burn there routes the X8 was a slower starter but look at it now.
(09/10/2018 15:17)wirralbus Wrote:  Give it time , Stagecoach do slow burn there routes the X8 was a slower starter but look at it now.

The X2 (Liverpool-Preston) was also a slow starter operated by step-entrance DP vehicles. A slight re-routing and additional stops - like the X8 - was needed before it proved a success.

Having used the X5 a couple of times, I would suggest a few additional stops along Aigburth Road would and a stop on Speke Road where the former Garston depot once stood is worth considering. This may well make the route less of an 'express' service but if it picks up ten or twenty additional passengers each trip, it may well make the difference.
The X5 was very busy on Saturday. I admittedly only saw 1 trip come in but I would say it was full or at least nearly full. I think it is worth remembering, this route is a brand new venture. No new routes are that busy. For people in Widnes, they are adjusting their travel plans. People have monthly rail tickets etc which will not be at an end so it may get slightly more busy now. With more ads going up as well. It will all help.

Management will be watching very closely to see what improvements they can make as this could be a big gamechanger for Gillmoss when it comes to competing and using coaches for other routes.
(09/10/2018 23:07)iMarkeh Wrote:  The X5 was very busy on Saturday. I admittedly only saw 1 trip come in but I would say it was full or at least nearly full. I think it is worth remembering, this route is a brand new venture. No new routes are that busy. For people in Widnes, they are adjusting their travel plans. People have monthly rail tickets etc which will not be at an end so it may get slightly more busy now. With more ads going up as well. It will all help.

Management will be watching very closely to see what improvements they can make as this could be a big gamechanger for Gillmoss when it comes to competing and using coaches for other routes.
I could not agree more. I have aways thought that Gillmoss might have a go at Skelmersdale via Kirkby

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)