Current time: 04/05/2024, 02:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
10044 has been debranded from 76 livery, sign of things to come?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/09/2018 13:03)acocker96 Wrote:  10044 has been debranded from 76 livery, sign of things to come?

Supposedly all are getting debranded.
(30/09/2018 13:03)acocker96 Wrote:  10044 has been debranded from 76 livery, sign of things to come?

10051 is another repainted and debranded.
(01/10/2018 08:05)joe_alker Wrote:  Supposedly all are getting debranded.

Thanks, it’s a shame I’ve come to like the branding. Hybrids are becoming more common allocations on the 76 lately maybe be connected I don’t know. Early morning services especially are seeing hybrids.
(02/10/2018 23:03)acocker96 Wrote:  Thanks, it’s a shame I’ve come to like the branding. Hybrids are becoming more common allocations on the 76 lately maybe be connected I don’t know. Early morning services especially are seeing hybrids.
They are getting old now so maybe they are replacing the 76 buses soon with MMC so will have the old ones ready to move to a new home.
Looks like Stagecoach have lost a few contracts. MCT have registered the following services 303, 312, 329, 372, 373 and 382 from 28th October.
(04/10/2018 13:46)Mrboo Wrote:  They are getting old now so maybe they are replacing the 76 buses soon with MMC so will have the old ones ready to move to a new home.

Hardly! They are only 6 years old. If they are replaced by MMCs then they would have to come from another Hyde Road route as no new buses are on order.
(05/10/2018 20:52)Brickmill Wrote:  Hardly! They are only 6 years old. If they are replaced by MMCs then they would have to come from another Hyde Road route as no new buses are on order.

What I think is more likely is that electric buses will release E400Hs for route 76, enabling these or other Enviro400s to leave Manchester to replace Tridents elsewhere in the Stagecoach empire.
(06/10/2018 14:26)Metroline1511 Wrote:  What I think is more likely is that electric buses will release E400Hs for route 76, enabling these or other Enviro400s to leave Manchester to replace Tridents elsewhere in the Stagecoach empire.

I think you are getting waaaaaaaaay ahead of yourself. Stagecoach have made it clear that they will bid for Government funding to support the purchase of 105 electric E400Cs for delivery *next* financial year ONLY if GMCA drop plans for possible Franchising. Their press release also states that those e-buses would operate mainly in south Manchester and combined with cascading existing hybrids, will concentrate most "green/er" buses in south Manchester, Salford and Trafford.
The 76 will probably see the same Enviro400's but just de-branded. They seem to be the most pointlessly branded buses going seeing as they seem to get allocated to everything but the 76.

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)