Current time: 26/04/2024, 12:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel Timetable Changes
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
(24/06/2018 22:00)mrd97 Wrote:  I agree, the route is an absolute shambles. It has been for some time. There’s no need for it to go to Arrowe Park, there’s no service between the hospital and Woodchurch Saturday and Sunday daytimes anyway. The timings in the evening are so tight, offering just 7 minutes to get from Mill Park to Bromborough Cross. They’ve added the 41B to save about 10 minutes off a journey so there is more time to complete a round trip. However it is very confusing and the evening services now run at odd times per hour (ie 04 and 32). The Sunday daytime service is adequate, simple timetable and should be implemented in the evenings, when a round trip can be completed easily within 2 hours.

Whose idea was it Stagecoach or Merseytravel who probably wanted a service from South Wirral to reach the Hospital.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It would not surprise me if merseytravel were responsible for this mess as they usually are responsible for messing up our transport network.

Since Arriva got rid of the 118 service which did from mill park to the sea front via arrowe park hospital the entire bus network has become a complete **** up.

The only current way for anyone living in mill park to get to arrowe park hospital is 1/2/41/42 to birkenhead bus stn then any service from stand 3.

This obviously changes at night when there is no number 2 or 413/4 and there is only the 1/41/42 & 423/471/472 but really in my opinion arriva either needs to reinstate the 118 and run mill park to mill park via birkenhead bus stn in the evenings and weekends OR run it as the 418 via the same route from 1st bus of the day to the last.

As a result of this my question to ask you all is this:

Do you think Arriva should

A ) Reinstate the 118 and

B ) Run the 418 as detailed in the last few sentences before I asked this question.

I think this seriously needs to be considered
Reinstate as a 419 not 418 from Mill Park via Spital not New Chester Road , sorry that road has enough buses , with the 1 /41 and 42 in various routes
It was Merseytravel who withdrew the 118/119 not Arriva, it had been threatened at every renewal for a long time, Along with the de minimus funding for the 418/9 from New Ferry to Mill Park as well, which was mostly replaced by the 38. Arriva had actually also threatened that route for many years, because it doesn't pick anyone up south of Arrowe Park unless they are going directly to the hospital, which isnt that many. The direct route to Birkenhead for passengers is obviously the 1/2/41/42, not the 418/9.

Merseytravels argument was exactly as above - get the bus to Birkenhead then change for Arrowe Park Stagecoach dont get any money for the 41/42 extension, but do for the 38 as it also replaced the 145/146.
It is the same for people living in New Brighton/Liscard areas as well wanting to get to Arrowe Park eves/Suns.
I See that Merseytravel haven't updated their forthcoming changes page for a while - still showing a change from May and I am aware that there are changes coming up this month (mostly around 22nd July).
(05/07/2018 11:19)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I See that Merseytravel haven't updated their forthcoming changes page for a while - still showing a change from May and I am aware that there are changes coming up this month (mostly around 22nd July).

Been a trait for a whilst, very slow or non existant in updating future changes page.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(26/06/2018 17:26)mr t Wrote:  It was Merseytravel who withdrew the 118/119 not Arriva, it had been threatened at every renewal for a long time, Along with the de minimus funding for the 418/9 from New Ferry to Mill Park as well, which was mostly replaced by the 38. Arriva had actually also threatened that route for many years, because it doesn't pick anyone up south of Arrowe Park unless they are going directly to the hospital, which isnt that many. The direct route to Birkenhead for passengers is obviously the 1/2/41/42, not the 418/9.

Merseytravels argument was exactly as above - get the bus to Birkenhead then change for Arrowe Park Stagecoach dont get any money for the 41/42 extension, but do for the 38 as it also replaced the 145/146.
It is the same for people living in New Brighton/Liscard areas as well wanting to get to Arrowe Park eves/Suns.

Those in Liscard can get the 423 to Arrowe Park, but everytime i saw the 118/119 over the Arrowe Park-Mill Park section it was mostly empty, & there was no co-ordination with the 423 Halfway House-Upton section, quite often 118/119 & 423 ran together over this section.

(26/06/2018 16:50)wirralbus Wrote:  Reinstate as a 419 not 418 from Mill Park via Spital not New Chester Road , sorry that road has enough buses , with the 1 /41 and 42 in various routes

The 419 should be reinstated between Birkenhead and the Croft Retail Park, so atleast Bromborough, Spital and parts of Bebington would have an Arrowe Park connection again. That 418 timetable is an absolute shambles with no recovery time in birkenhead, I’ve seen some being upto 20 minutes late in the peak time. Also I don’t get why the 216 and 418 run at the exact same time and the exact same route, in the mornings, between Arrowe Park, Beechwood, Laird Street and Birkenhead and they are both ran by arriva Hammer

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
About half of the September changes are already online -

LIV - X1, X3, X8, 1/2, 4, 10, 12, 15, 18, 47, 52, 60, 80, 407, 432, 437
Wirral 1A, 38, 410, 411
(03/08/2018 17:35)mr t Wrote:  About half of the September changes are already online -

LIV - X1, X3, X8, 1/2, 4, 10, 12, 15, 18, 47, 52, 60, 80, 407, 432, 437
Wirral 1A, 38, 410, 411

Lol one of the the last 407 changes was 2015, from September it'll be on it's 2nd timetable this year.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)