Current time: 18/04/2024, 23:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva North West - Speke Depot (Old Closed Thread)
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot
(12/07/2018 18:02)motormayhem1 Wrote:  I think he means the 82A and 500 are combining together under a new route number but being run out of runcorn.

Yes sorry 82A/500 every 20 mins and run from Runcorn, and the 79C cut at Widnes run from Speke.

But all still being finalised.
Find all posts by this user
(12/07/2018 19:22)mr t Wrote:  Yes sorry 82A/500 every 20 mins and run from Runcorn, and the 79C cut at Widnes run from Speke.

But all still being finalised.

is this the beginning of the end for Runcorn depot
(12/07/2018 20:09)FC Pictures Wrote:  is this the beginning of the end for Runcorn depot
I doubt Runcorn will ever close but would Speke take over most of the routes if it did
I presume that Speke will receive Pulsars and Cadets as it has no gas pump.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Deckers could well be used on any Speke-run routes terminating at Widnes too - in my opinion it would be good to have the entire 79 corridor double-deck.
(12/07/2018 23:23)Valandil Wrote:  Deckers could well be used on any Speke-run routes terminating at Widnes too - in my opinion it would be good to have the entire 79 corridor double-deck.

might as well extend the 79c to Warrington and cut back the 110
(12/07/2018 15:53)Valandil Wrote:  Finally some changes involving Runcorn!
I remember when the new bridge was about to open, they came up with what I thought was a really good set of changes, particularly regarding frequencies and evening services, but then at the last minute cancelled them all and fell back to the same old same old in Runcorn - hopefully this time something positive will actually be implemented, but we'll see.
Most passengers weren't happy with the changes. The changes also relied on the X30 moving to Chester to provide space for the extra buses needed to run the services. Obviously the X30 didn't move to Chester so there was no space.

The lack of service to the old town was a big issue for customers and it went mental on their facebook because of the changes.

Then add in the fact that the registrations were late so on the first day, buses had to just run over the bridge on their normal route and it was worked out that there was no difference compared to the old bridge. Except maybe one or two minutes delay which can easily be solved.
(12/07/2018 23:56)FC Pictures Wrote:  might as well extend the 79c to Warrington and cut back the 110

Why would you do that when the a large proportion of passengers on the 110 travel from Runcorn or Widnes Town Hall into Warrington. You would lose a lot of passengers making them change. If the X30 was more frequent, I think people would use that given the journey time.
(13/07/2018 00:55)iMarkeh Wrote:  Why would you do that when the a large proportion of passengers on the 110 travel from Runcorn or Widnes Town Hall into Warrington. You would lose a lot of passengers making them change. If the X30 was more frequent, I think people would use that given the journey time.

these changes seem a step towards closing Runcorn,79c could be extended over the 110 from widnes with a slight change in how the 79c comes into the town centre,so that it passes Asda before Green Oaks,the 82a/500 merging makes little sense if the 500 becomes a stopping bus after South Parkway,willneed to await an opinion on that when we see a timetable
With these Service mergers i bet there will be a PVR Reduction which would lead to some Cadets going into the Pool

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: