Current time: 24/04/2024, 09:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Bangor Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Bangor Depot
I am planning to come to Bangor soon to finish off the fleet of Optare Solos in the whole ABW/ANW fleet (I only need Bangors) where is the best places to get them as they can end up in other places
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/05/2018 19:36)darylyates17 Wrote:  I am planning to come to Bangor soon to finish off the fleet of Optare Solos in the whole ABW/ANW fleet (I only need Bangors) where is the best places to get them as they can end up in other places

Best routes to check from previous observations:

Bangor: 53, 56, 57, 58 and the 67 series of routes also the 78.
Caernarfon: 82, 83, 91 (can stray occasionally onto 88)
Llandudno: Can appear on various Llandudno locals, inc those routes typically operated by the three Enviro200's
(26/05/2018 20:06)Depotosw Wrote:  Best routes to check from previous observations:

Bangor: 53, 56, 57, 58 and the 67 series of routes also the 78.
Caernarfon: 82, 83, 91 (can stray occasionally onto 88)
Llandudno: Can appear on various Llandudno locals, inc those routes typically operated by the three Enviro200's

Thanks pal I'll look for the 3 Enviro200s whist I'm there as well as I've been on all but one of Southports and all of Wrexhams.
Ill be heading to Bangor again tomorrow to find my last 8 Optare Solos (665,668,671,679,682,687,696,697) If anyone sees any of them even if they are in Caernarfon & Llandudno do please let me know as it would be a great help.
How long do the Lowlanders have left they are the only vehicles left in the fleet with letter number plate (Y Reg) the Sunhopper open top ALX400s in Rhyl are the only other buses left in service on a letter based number plate
(30/06/2018 17:14)darylyates17 Wrote:  How long do the Lowlanders have left they are the only vehicles left in the fleet with letter number plate (Y Reg) the Sunhopper open top ALX400s in Rhyl are the only other buses left in service on a letter based number plate

A fair while I think. There’s atleast 2 our daily on the 4/X4 corridor
(30/06/2018 17:27)Nwales Bus Wrote:  A fair while I think. There’s atleast 2 our daily on the 4/X4 corridor
I Did go on one (I think it was 4186) when I was last in Bangor for the Optare Solos It was good for a 17 year old bus but DB250s are one of the last old school buses left in the ANW/ABW fleet along with the final 3 Darts in Rhyl that will be withdrawn soon
Remember Bangor like to keep Buses longer than anyone else, the Olympians for example

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I will be heading to Bangor once more on Tuesday to find 665,668 & 687 once again if anyone knows if they will be in Llandudno or Cearnarfon please let me know as ill head there if they are
(08/07/2018 18:01)darylyates17 Wrote:  I will be heading to Bangor once more on Tuesday to find 665,668 & 687 once again if anyone knows if they will be in Llandudno or Cearnarfon please let me know as ill head there if they are

Realistically you may find one of each spread across each of these locations so be expected to look. You could ask at the office at Bangor clock as they can normally tell you the allocations.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)