Current time: 02/05/2024, 23:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
Nonsense new timetables.

33 pages listing departure times for every station on network. Every passenger needs only 2 pages for their home station and their workplace station. But worse than that no journey times impossible to work out how long it will take and how to time connections.

Whoever devised these needs to be sacked immediately. Why abandon almost 200 years of timetable presentation for this useless information.

follow the link on this page https://www.merseyrail.org/timetable-cha...-line.aspx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
These timetables where introduced ahead of Merseytravel's probably as there was going to be two timetable changes one for Maghull North's introduction and the other for the introduction of the 7 train daytime and 4 train evening and sunday timetable on the Chester line .

Im almost certain that Merseytravel will be producing there own timetables in due course but because timetables have been confirmed from Network Rail late means there arrival at stations have been delayed.
The sixth Class 777 will be fitted with batteries as a trial
Could that be for possible trials down the bidston - wrexham line as well as the line beyond ellesmere port to helsby.

I ask this because there have been numerous talks between merseyrail and stanlow refinery because 1 of my uncles who retired 16 years ago after many years as a driver told me that stanlow had refused permission for the 3rd rail to be installed due to the high risk of a shoe arc causing a major explosion.

I don't know the distance from ellesmere port to helsby but the batteries would obviously need sufficient power available to get the unit up to speed while running away from the 3rd rail so that the unit could then begin to recharge the batteries once connection with the 3rd rail is regained upon returning to ellesmere port.

It might sound ridiculous but that is how I heard it but as I said, the refinery is without question the big hurdle to overcome.
(25/05/2018 17:34)508143 Wrote:  Could that be for possible trials down the bidston - wrexham line as well as the line beyond ellesmere port to helsby.

I ask this because there have been numerous talks between merseyrail and stanlow refinery because 1 of my uncles who retired 16 years ago after many years as a driver told me that stanlow had refused permission for the 3rd rail to be installed due to the high risk of a shoe arc causing a major explosion.

I don't know the distance from ellesmere port to helsby but the batteries would obviously need sufficient power available to get the unit up to speed while running away from the 3rd rail so that the unit could then begin to recharge the batteries once connection with the 3rd rail is regained upon returning to ellesmere port.

It might sound ridiculous but that is how I heard it but as I said, the refinery is without question the big hurdle to overcome.
5.2 miles is your distance Ellesmere Port - Helsby
Source: Google Maps
Sorry I can’t be more specific
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
There has been talk of using battery fitted units on the Wrexham Line , with a small section of third rail put in place at the Wrexham end of the line to help regenerate the batteries.

Dont forget on the way to Wrexham they would have to climb Hawarden Bank which could totally drain any batteries.

Hawarden Bank in the Autumn is the nemesis of the line for the presently franchise holder of the line ATW and also probably the new owner Keolis-Amey.
I think I saw somewhere as well that the batteries will add five tonnes of weight to the unit
There was also talk at 1 point of using 25Kv ohle or 750v Dc 3rd rail on the wrexham line for the full distance.
(25/05/2018 17:34)508143 Wrote:  Could that be for possible trials down the bidston - wrexham line as well as the line beyond ellesmere port to helsby.

I'm was told there is now a law or rule saying 3rd rail can not be places. Existing tracks are fine but nothing else can be placed for safety reasons. I would assume that evacuations have something to do with this. In an emergency, you can have the 3rd rail causing issues especially when there is no guard and people start opening doors and jumping out of the train as seen in RMTs latest video.

AC can be placed though as it is harder for people to get to and doesn't need to be turned off when there are evacuations etc.

I suppose it also makes sense from a trespassers/platform fallers point of view. If you walk or fall on the tracks, you can jump off quickly if a train comes (if you are stupid enough to walk on the tracks in the first place). This causes delays but generally with trespassers, trains pass at reduced speeds. DC however, you walk on the tracks with 3rd rail, you highly risk being electrocuted so a train is more likely to hit you which then blocks lines for hours while the situation gets sorted.
When you think of it this way, it kind of reduces possibility of delays by not having 3rd rail.
(25/05/2018 20:07)508143 Wrote:  There was also talk at 1 point of using 25Kv ohle or 750v Dc 3rd rail on the wrexham line for the full distance.

25kv OHL to be honest in a fleet mainly using Third Rail i cant see it .

User(s) browsing this thread: 53 Guest(s)