Current time: 20/04/2024, 13:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Who Will you vote for a 3rd May
Labour
Tory
Lib Dem
Green
Independent
Liberal
Other
[Show Results]

2018 Local Elections
2018 Local Elections
We are less than a month away from the Local Elections that will be held on 3rd May 2018 and was wondering what thoughts people have, I am part of a group on Facebook with over 31,000 members who are fighting to stop Brexit and from what i have read they plan to vote Lib Dem, Green ect as a protest vote, weather this does anything or not remains to be seen. I have the choice between Labour, UKIP and Torys so even if i wanted to do that i cant. For once i have considered not voting as Labour want to knock down my town and re-build it which would cost a lot of money and its now coming out that they are not even talking to local businesses about their plans which has already forced one highly respected independent shop to close.

Anyone else got anything to add? i have also included a Poll in this feed as well, It will not show anyone what option you pick.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: 2018 Local Elections
I actually trust some Local Politicians less than the National Politicians , in some areas the vote is a foregone conclusion which no matter who you vote for wont result in a change , instead of voting for a third of the seats every year bar one , it should be one election every 4 years to fill all available seats on the council , this would probably result in more councils changing hands than is the case now.
Find all posts by this user
(15/04/2018 16:07)wirralbus Wrote:  I actually trust some Local Politicians less than the National Politicians , in some areas the vote is a foregone conclusion which no matter who you vote for wont result in a change , instead of voting for a third of the seats every year bar one , it should be one election every 4 years to fill all available seats on the council , this would probably result in more councils changing hands than is the case now.

Some Councils do hold all their Seats at once but i do like seeing the ones that come up every 3 out of 4 years as its a good indication of which way the votes are swinging and can act as an alarm bell for a party to change its policys before its to late

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
A heads up, Haydock Candidate for the Green Party will be on the Sunday Politics to talk about local Elections in the North.

(24/04/2018 12:55)T42 PVM Wrote:  A heads up, Haydock Candidate for the Green Party will be on the Sunday Politics to talk about local Elections in the North.

I know she’s standing for Haydock Amy ‘whats her name’ and somebody for Labour, but I haven’t seen a single leaflet from any other party that concerns St Helens. Nor any knock on the door from either candidate.

Be interesting to see what proposals are for Greenbelt and fracking.
In my ward, we have Labour, Conservatives, UKIP & Green candidates standing. Looks like the Lib Dens have given up.
Find all posts by this user
(24/04/2018 13:28)St Helens Rider Wrote:  In my ward, we have Labour, Conservatives, UKIP & Green candidates standing. Looks like the Lib Dens have given up.

Actually in St Helens the number of Lib Dem Candidates has gone up since the last local election (2016) as the Lib Dems stood in 3 wards Eccelston, Newton-Le-Willows and Sutton but this time they are standing in Bold, Eccelston, Newton-Le-Willows, Sutton and Windle. Interesting UKIP stood in 15 Wards last time and are standing in 9 this time having dropped out of Bold, Earlstown, Eccelston, Haydock, Moss Bank and Newton-Le-Willows

(24/04/2018 13:18)RedPanda Wrote:  I know she’s standing for Haydock Amy ‘whats her name’ and somebody for Labour, but I haven’t seen a single leaflet from any other party that concerns St Helens. Nor any knock on the door from either candidate.

Be interesting to see what proposals are for Greenbelt and fracking.

Her Name is Amy Carol Deluce

Couple of notes today is The St Helens Green Party are on the Sunday Politics today around 11am and Vince Cable Leader of the Lib Dems is going Live on Facebook at 6:30pm to talk about local elections.

Some interesting notes from St Helens and Liverpools Results:

St Helens
Haydock - Greens had a big surge and was 195 votes away from taking the seat from Labour
Newton - Lab/Lib Dem Marginal, Labour made a slightly increase of 68 votes.
Rainhill - Independent took this normally very safe Labour seat with 2164 votes to Labours 1229

Liverpool
Allerton - Hunts Cross - Lib Dems where 74 votes away from winning this from Labour, their majority down by 927
Childwall - Lib Dem gain from Labour with 2200 votes to Labours 1956, Majority of 244
Church - Lib Dem Gain from Labour with 2706 votes compared to Labours 1474, Majority of 1232
Greenbank - Labour came within 95 votes from taking this from The Green Party, Majority down 272
Woolton - Lib Dem Gain from Labour, Lib Dem Votes 2148 Labour Votes 1394, Majority of 754

User(s) browsing this thread: