Current time: 20/04/2024, 12:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
I was getting told about this the other day and had to say i was shocked as the 575 is always a busy service, I know that Diamond Bus are going on the 575 but i would not rule out Arriva going on these 3 services either, The Diamond Bus reg on VOSA:

PC0004417/270
DIAMOND BUS (NORTH WEST) LIMITED
575 Bolton Interchange
Horwich, Old Lords Estate
8th April 2018

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/515371/

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
There's also talk on social media about First coming off 468 Tottington-Jericho service and if this does happen in April which it looks like it will, for the first time that I can remember it will leave Rosso as the solo operator along Bury and Rochdale Old Road.

I don't know what's happening with First at the moment but it does seem that their not interested in the Bus Side in Manchester at the moment with them thinning out services and not investing/replacing older stock and even the date of when their supposedly going over to Ticketer seems to be getting pushed back.
Find all posts by this user
(09/02/2018 06:17)M60lad Wrote:  I don't know what's happening with First at the moment but it does seem that their not interested in the Bus Side in Manchester at the moment with them thinning out services and not investing/replacing older stock

It isn't just in Manchester. First are axing services across the country. They are still massively in debt, so will be trying to cut losses wherever feasible.

Quote:even the date of when their supposedly going over to Ticketer seems to be getting pushed back.

That could be down to the huge demand in Ticketer.
I now believe that Arriva will be running a 576 service from Bolton to Horwich Old Lords Estate

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(08/02/2018 21:01)Nicholas Wrote:  First are to withdraw services 571/572 and 575 from April:
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/horw..._services/

Absolutely beggars belief. Just how many more services are they going to cut! They are just running the place into the ground.
(08/02/2018 21:11)Brickmill Wrote:  I've not heard of protests outside Queens Road before. Rusholme, yes, but not non-Striking depots. Who are the "protestors"? Are they legal pickets or are they (as has been muted in the media) some "rentamob"? If the latter, are they acting lawfully and what is their motivation?

Not official protests and I believe the union are not happy. Its at least the second time in the last few weeks its happened. They posted about buses leaving the depot late via their twitter account
(09/02/2018 06:17)M60lad Wrote:  There's also talk on social media about First coming off 468 Tottington-Jericho service and if this does happen in April which it looks like it will, for the first time that I can remember it will leave Rosso as the solo operator along Bury and Rochdale Old Road.

I don't know what's happening with First at the moment but it does seem that their not interested in the Bus Side in Manchester at the moment with them thinning out services and not investing/replacing older stock and even the date of when their supposedly going over to Ticketer seems to be getting pushed back.

468 withdrawal rumours mentioned in the Bury Times this week.

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/15927992..._revealed/
(09/02/2018 20:18)SF07 Wrote:  468 withdrawal rumours mentioned in the Bury Times this week.

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/15927992..._revealed/

Rosso on twitter claiming they will continue with this and enhance services in Bury. Sad times for First, if only they had the capability to enhance and show initiative with their network rather than slash and burn.
(09/02/2018 17:20)NorthernCounties Wrote:  Not official protests and I believe the union are not happy. Its at least the second time in the last few weeks its happened. They posted about buses leaving the depot late via their twitter account

Very unsavoury all round; Rentamob anarchists showing their true right wing colours, and First responding the only way they know how: Twitter.
(09/02/2018 06:17)M60lad Wrote:  There's also talk on social media about First coming off 468 Tottington-Jericho service and if this does happen in April which it looks like it will, for the first time that I can remember it will leave Rosso as the solo operator along Bury and Rochdale Old Road.

Yes, I thought First might withdraw some local services in Bury & Rochdale following the closure of BY and Transdev takeover of Rosso.

I can see why First are withdrawing route 575 as it duplicates a longer Arriva route, and a route continuing to Wigan which is not served by First (although it of course used to be). Withdrawing routes 571/72 is more of a shock though. It almost signals an eventual withdrawal of Bolton town routes, with only interurban routes eg 2, 8, 36, 37, 471 & 582 destined to continue.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)