Current time: 26/04/2024, 16:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva North West - Speke Depot (Old Closed Thread)
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot
81A from Liverpool Airport is where i would go

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Expect heavy delays next couple of days im on the Arriva 82 with 3 other Arriva 82s in tandem

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Find all posts by this user
Rumour has it that stagecoach May be running 86A’s and 82’s to Speke alongside Arriva. Anyone heard anything about this?
(11/01/2018 17:59)danfitz123 Wrote:  Rumour has it that stagecoach May be running 86A’s and 82’s to Speke alongside Arriva. Anyone heard anything about this?

Highly unlikely given Speke is a goldmine for Arriva. They already have stronghold on most QBP routes and it wouldn't be in Arrivas best interests to agree to it. That is unless they are planning on reducing the workload slightly to move stuff from other depots. I can see why Stagecoach would want to expand but as part of the QBP, both operators would have to agree and Arriva wouldn't do that in an area with such a good stronghold.
Stagecoach were asked to consider it by a councillor at the transport comittee a few months back.
The resounding answer was NO!
(12/01/2018 01:02)mr t Wrote:  Stagecoach were asked to consider it by a councillor at the transport comittee a few months back.
The resounding answer was NO!

Would you say the money spinner side of the 82 and 86A is from Liverpool South Parkway - Liverpool end of both routes. It makes more sense for Arriva to go into Speke as that is the area where there depot is .
Most probably because arriva would more likely stretch there legs and put buses back into kirkby if stagecoach moved back into south liverpool.
Its not going to happen, both companies seem to get along well enough as things are, technically this would start a bus war all over again where neither company would win. As MM has Arriva would go back into Kirkby if Stagecoach moved into Speke.
(12/01/2018 11:00)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Its not going to happen, both companies seem to get along well enough as things are, technically this would start a bus war all over again where neither company would win. As MM has Arriva would go back into Kirkby if Stagecoach moved into Speke.

I really do think that bus wars are a thing of the past. Although Steve Rotherham has refused to make any pronouncement on the possibility of bus franchising it does look that Andy Burnham in Manchester is pushing ahead with it. I suspect that Merseyside won't be far behind.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-man...r-42224820
2591 is now driver trainer 8264
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: