Current time: 19/04/2024, 10:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
First just confirmed to me on Twitter that 62236 is now withdrawn from service.. Anyone know if the rest are due to go?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/12/2017 09:34)Alexw12 Wrote:  First just confirmed to me on Twitter that 62236 is now withdrawn from service.. Anyone know if the rest are due to go?

62231/6 are both withdrawn due to defects, been pulled earlier than planned for that reason but the rest aren't going to be around much longer.

37461 and an Enviro400 (can't remember the fleet number) are on loan from OM to BN.
(25/12/2017 17:48)Solo40336 Wrote:  62231/6 are both withdrawn due to defects, been pulled earlier than planned for that reason but the rest aren't going to be around much longer.

37461 and an Enviro400 (can't remember the fleet number) are on loan from OM to BN.

So there is another one now, bummer! Are there any that are being converted to trainer buses? 60405 looks like it would be a good candidate for it
(25/12/2017 17:48)Solo40336 Wrote:  62231/6 are both withdrawn due to defects, been pulled earlier than planned for that reason but the rest aren't going to be around much longer.

First must be struggling for buses. Service wise, I don't think they reduced anything in October (a miracle in itself) and the temporary cuts to services around Moses Gate are presumably due to the increased running times needing to accomodated with exist PVR. Yet off the top of my head Bolton have withdrawn the 18 bendis; Enviro 300 (67406 to Ipswich) and now two of the five "Blobbies", with the only replacements being 6 B7RLEs (5 of which started life hereabouts); 1 B7L (66338) and two Geminis* (37278 & 37351) on "long-term loan". Elsewhere, Oldham have withdrawn a handful of Solos and a couple of Citaroes, whilst Rusholme have placed more Presidents in reserve, so presumably there isn't much capacity to loan vehicles from other depots. From what I know of January service changes, the only cut there is to the 42 along Wilmslow Road, which could save 3, maybe 4 buses, but rather than allow more Presidents to be withdrawn, it seems that this would equate to the five Blobbies, with BN taking replacements (directly or indirectly) from Rusholme.

* Two others from Scotland were also expected last Summer, but no one has confirmed they have entered service. Presumably, either the loan was cancelled or they have returned North after little or no operation here.....
(25/12/2017 21:10)Brickmill Wrote:  First must be struggling for buses. Service wise, I don't think they reduced anything in October (a miracle in itself) and the temporary cuts to services around Moses Gate are presumably due to the increased running times needing to accomodated with exist PVR. Yet off the top of my head Bolton have withdrawn the 18 bendis; Enviro 300 (67406 to Ipswich) and now two of the five "Blobbies", with the only replacements being 6 B7RLEs (5 of which started life hereabouts); 1 B7L (66338) and two Geminis* (37278 & 37351) on "long-term loan". Elsewhere, Oldham have withdrawn a handful of Solos and a couple of Citaroes, whilst Rusholme have placed more Presidents in reserve, so presumably there isn't much capacity to loan vehicles from other depots. From what I know of January service changes, the only cut there is to the 42 along Wilmslow Road, which could save 3, maybe 4 buses, but rather than allow more Presidents to be withdrawn, it seems that this would equate to the five Blobbies, with BN taking replacements (directly or indirectly) from Rusholme.

* Two others from Scotland were also expected last Summer, but no one has confirmed they have entered service. Presumably, either the loan was cancelled or they have returned North after little or no operation here.....

33831 also came over from Rusholme, while one of the other Scottish buses entered service the same time as 37278 (being 37743), 32671 also came down at the same time but hasn't been on the road since it arrived.
(26/12/2017 13:25)Solo40336 Wrote:  33831 also came over from Rusholme, while one of the other Scottish buses entered service the same time as 37278 (being 37743), 32671 also came down at the same time but hasn't been on the road since it arrived.

How come 32671 hasn't been out yet? Be easier to send it back
(26/12/2017 16:19)Alexw12 Wrote:  How come 32671 hasn't been out yet? Be easier to send it back

Basically because it would cost too much to bring it up to Bolton's standards (In it's self says a lot for the condition of the vehicle) and it would cost Bolton a driver and fuel to send it back. Might as well wait for Scotland to come and pick it up.

I have to say am surprised the Renowns are going before the remaining Citaros as i would say the Renowns are in much better shape and more fleet standard

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Anyone know what is it saturday or regular service for 27th of dec? Particularly for the 98 please guys.
(26/12/2017 19:13)33109 Wrote:  Anyone know what is it saturday or regular service for 27th of dec? Particularly for the 98 please guys.

It's a Saturday service plus additional morning services according to First GM website
https://www.firstgroup.com/greater-manch...timetables

Timetable for 98
https://www.firstgroup.com/greater-manch...&print=pdf
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 28 Guest(s)