Current time: 29/05/2024, 04:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rossendalebus
RE: Rossendalebus
I can see a few operators worrying and not just First! It will give Transdev a foot hold not just in North Manchester but it will also bring them to the tender side of things. It was only a couple of years ago that Rosso shocked a lot of people by successfully winning a large number of school contracts in Oldham and Tameside. Potentially there's nothing stopping Transdev from going for more contracts possibly more towards the city centre!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Regarding CityZap I agree it would be a good move moving it to Rochdale and I wonder whether Transdev actually had something up their sleeve when they introduced it knowing about the possible (at the time) aquisiton of Rosso.
I wonder.....I know the acquisition of Rosso by Transdev consolidates their position in East Lancashire, but this gives them a foothold in north Manchester, (Bury & Rochdale), where First closed its operating center at Bury. I wonder whether there has been some top level speculation about Firstbus?, you have to admit they posted some very poor results for last year, and the statement about not investing in new vehicles where the council's were not dealing with congestion seems to me like an excuse not to buy new buses. With Rotala buying part of Goodwins, I know not the same scale as the Transdev acquisition, it seems that the second tier group's are circling ready to pounce. Stagecoach wouldn't be able to do much due the monopolies commission, but as a
I said "I wonder"
Do bear in mind though that Blazefield bought the Bolton Stagecoach depot around 2000 only to sell it on to Blue Bus about 12 months later, so not entirely sure if First depots are in their sights.
Sad to see yet another (former) municipal operator disappear. I wonder if the long term effect will benefit passengers or otherwise.
(16/12/2017 09:07)wimdebusse Wrote:  I wonder.....I know the acquisition of Rosso by Transdev consolidates their position in East Lancashire, but this gives them a foothold in north Manchester, (Bury & Rochdale), where First closed its operating center at Bury. I wonder whether there has been some top level speculation about Firstbus?, you have to admit they posted some very poor results for last year, and the statement about not investing in new vehicles where the council's were not dealing with congestion seems to me like an excuse not to buy new buses. With Rotala buying part of Goodwins, I know not the same scale as the Transdev acquisition, it seems that the second tier group's are circling ready to pounce. Stagecoach wouldn't be able to do much due the monopolies commission, but as a
I said "I wonder"

Don't forget, that when First closed their depot at Bury. A number of drivers left First, and applied for jobs with other companies, including Rosso. The last time, I went passed Bury depot (2-weeks ago), it looked if nothing has been done with it since it closed!, So could Transdrev/Rosso be interested in it?
(16/12/2017 20:51)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Don't forget, that when First closed their depot at Bury. A number of drivers left First, and applied for jobs with other companies, including Rosso. The last time, I went passed Bury depot (2-weeks ago), it looked if nothing has been done with it since it closed!, So could Transdrev/Rosso be interested in it?

I'd doubt it, the depot is only a few miles from the Rochdale depot which is the only one they are purchasing I believe?
I suppose that if they did purchase it then it would give them a greater foothold over North Manchester and would allow them to run more services.
I should imagine that seeing as Transdev would only gain the Rochdale depot, then some of Rosso's existing Haslingden depot services would have to be re-organised to Blackburn, Burnley and Rochdale depots (be interesting to see how much room there would be at Rochdale for additional services).

I should imagine that services that operate wholly in Greater Manchester would transfer to Rochdale depot. Services in Rawtenstall could be split between Burnley and Rochdale, while the 244 could feasibly transfer to Blackburn depot, having previously ran some journeys a couple of years ago. Given the 464 is split between the two depots at the moment, would that be transferred wholly to Rochdale or would Blackburn/Burnley run some journeys?

Should be interesting to see what the integrated ticket will be like. The Rosso Rover ticket (£5) perhaps could be replaced by the Transdev Lancashire (silver) day ticket (£6.50), whilst keeping the GMSaver tickets for use in Greater Manchester (perhaps accept them on the X41/X43 between Prestwich and Manchester). Then perhaps introduce a Rossendale ticket range for use in Rawtenstall, Bacup, Edenfield and Haslingden.

Also, with the new bus station at Rawtenstall, I wonder whether this will see the X43 now use the new station to connect with the existing Rosso services to provide connections to/from Manchester.
Why are they not getting the Haslingden depot?
(17/12/2017 18:22)SF07 Wrote:  I should imagine that seeing as Transdev would only gain the Rochdale depot, then some of Rosso's existing Haslingden depot services would have to be re-organised to Blackburn, Burnley and Rochdale depots (be interesting to see how much room there would be at Rochdale for additional services).

If there was enough room in Rochdale depot,would it not be also a better fit to run CityZap from than Burnley,as its both closer to Manchester & Yorkshire

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)