Current time: 17/05/2024, 20:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Strike
RE: Arriva Strike
Arriva has now said that the strike day that was on the 13th, moved to the 10th has now been reverted back to the 13th following 'correspondence with GMB union'. The union and its members say that the strike was always planned for the 13th and never changed, it was merely Arriva trying to turn passengers against drivers and scaremongering. Obviously only a few people know the truth but it seems the strike dates have technically not changed now. 4th, 7th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd December
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/11/2017 12:05)Barney Wrote:  I did not use the term "cowboy operators"; I was merely quoting and responding to a previous comment.

I didn't say you did I just pointed out it's a very wrong term to make.
(29/11/2017 11:04)iMarkeh Wrote:  Arriva has now said that the strike day that was on the 13th, moved to the 10th has now been reverted back to the 13th following 'correspondence with GMB union'. The union and its members say that the strike was always planned for the 13th and never changed, it was merely Arriva trying to turn passengers against drivers and scaremongering. Obviously only a few people know the truth but it seems the strike dates have technically not changed now. 4th, 7th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd December

This sounds like its a battle of wills now between the Operator and the Unions over who blinks first .

At what point does these strikes make DB the parent company think long and hard about the long term plans for this company.
Arrival North West have always been good at disinformation
(30/11/2017 07:50)wimdebusse Wrote:  Arrival North West have always been good at disinformation

It sounds like on this occasion they believed false information posted by a driver on a Facebook page which looked like it belonged to the union, believing that the official notice sent by the union had been superseded.
This entire fiasco is getting beyond a joke now.

They should be grateful for the wage they're getting now.

As a former driver myself, if I had been getting £12 an hour I would have been very happy.

As it was, I only ended up getting £7 an hour with the company I worked for 9 years ago and I haven't driven a bus since then.

My general opinion is bordering between give them 1 more offer or dismiss the lot of them and employ people who would be more than grateful for the chance to earn £12 an hour.
Are Arriva bus drivers contractually obliged to work Sundays?
I would have thought so, certainly for new drivers, think some shifts are 4 days on 2 off ecc

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(30/11/2017 17:28)508143 Wrote:  This entire fiasco is getting beyond a joke now.

They should be grateful for the wage they're getting now.

As a former driver myself, if I had been getting £12 an hour I would have been very happy.

As it was, I only ended up getting £7 an hour with the company I worked for 9 years ago and I haven't driven a bus since then.

My general opinion is bordering between give them 1 more offer or dismiss the lot of them and employ people who would be more than grateful for the chance to earn £12 an hour.

This sounds like you favour the Donald Trump diplomatic approach: spout ill-informed nonsense and actively seek to inflame a situation. Sack the whole workforce? Apart from being illegal it would be totally impractical and impossible to recruit and train 2000 people to do this type of work in less than a year.
(30/11/2017 18:01)MTL0201 Wrote:  I would have thought so, certainly for new drivers, think some shifts are 4 days on 2 off ecc

I rather assumed that since when the "bus bandits" got the rail franchises they allowed it to become the practice that Sundays were purely voluntary, rather than the BR practice that if you took a job with rostered Sundays you were expected to work them even though outside the standard week, this was already the case with bus drivers.

User(s) browsing this thread: