Current time: 02/05/2024, 19:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(10/10/2017 12:19)Gordon V Wrote:  All 319s apart from 1x156

Which is the one shown in the Network Rail press release!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/10/2017 15:09)mikestone Wrote:  Which is the one shown in the Network Rail press release!

Aye
Since Monday lunchtime stopping trains towards Manchester appear to have been using the slow line from Roby.
Is this now the booked route?
Thanks to the rail replacement work between Blackpool and Preston - we get an early peek into how the increased Sunday service is going to work on the Liverpool - Wigan/Preston service:

https://be803fe5c416e39d38ae-aa21086260d...-FINAL.pdf

Interesting to note the extra train per hour runs non-stop Liverpool - Huyton, then all stops to Wigan giving Eccleston Park and Bryn Sunday services for the first time in years. Does anyone know if these stations previously had a service on a Sunday? I know I don't recall theses stations having a 7 say service.
(18/10/2017 20:16)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Thanks to the rail replacement work between Blackpool and Preston - we get an early peek into how the increased Sunday service is going to work on the Liverpool - Wigan/Preston service:

https://be803fe5c416e39d38ae-aa21086260d...-FINAL.pdf

Interesting to note the extra train per hour runs non-stop Liverpool - Huyton, then all stops to Wigan giving Eccleston Park and Bryn Sunday services for the first time in years. Does anyone know if these stations previously had a service on a Sunday? I know I don't recall theses stations having a 7 say service.
Think they only missed Edge Hill and Eccleston Park on a Sunday
The rest of the stations have all been served on Sundays
Info from late 2015 to Sep 2017
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Since when did Bryn have a Sunday service , im looking at a timetable from 21st May and there is no such stop.

Bryn being the first station in TfGM land is always the odd man out on the line with all the rest being in Merseytravel land .

Anyone any ideas why Ecclestone Park never had a Sunday service , especially with the station being in Merseytravel land .
(19/10/2017 05:00)wirralbus Wrote:  Since when did Bryn have a Sunday service , im looking at a timetable from 21st May and there is no such stop.

Bryn being the first station in TfGM land is always the odd man out on the line with all the rest being in Merseytravel land .

Anyone any ideas why Ecclestone Park never had a Sunday service , especially with the station being in Merseytravel land .

I should've added that's in Merseyside. Bryn didn't cross my mind.
Also rereading the post it should also say Liverpool-Wigan. I didn't include stations between Wigan-Preston and Blackpool Nth.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Arriva Rail North's first year financials (ending 31st March 2017): https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/docum...u9igzwU%3D

They recorded £16.8m profit

They took £298m revenue from ticket sales

They spent £255m staffing costs (£460,000 directors' remuneration.) This means the 3.6% pay rise offered will increase staffing costs by around £10m for the next financial year if the level of staffing remains the same, which it won't as more staff have been employed.
(19/10/2017 05:00)wirralbus Wrote:  Since when did Bryn have a Sunday service , im looking at a timetable from 21st May and there is no such stop.

St Helens Rider is referring to the December 17 timetable change when the Blackpool to Preston line closes for 3 months. However, the inclusion of a Sunday service from Bryn will be a permanent feature when the May 2018 recast happens.
(18/10/2017 08:04)mikestone Wrote:  Since Monday lunchtime stopping trains towards Manchester appear to have been using the slow line from Roby.
Is this now the booked route?

When I did it yesterday the screens were still showing the next train from p.3 to Victoria - judging by the bemused look on the face of a man at Roby even the one just arriving in 4!

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)