Current time: 08/05/2024, 17:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
RE: Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
(15/07/2017 11:01)YK53 GXO Wrote:  Read previous posts. It is a new vehicle purchased, not on loan.

'Purchased is brand new Alexander Dennis Enviro 200 (8.9m, B29F seated) registered YX17 NJO, arrived into the garage this evening. This vehicle will be given the fleet number of 123'

I've not seen previous posts so I didn't know
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/07/2017 19:01)motormayhem1 Wrote:  How long as S808 BTT been at ACL for?

About 2 years now
(15/07/2017 23:52)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  About 2 years now

Thanks , as it was first time id seen it.
Scania GB03 ACL has returned to the Eastham garage due to vehicle shortages, and has been given the fleet number of 132, it has been out this week operating the Rivacre - E. Port end of the service 7, with Optare KX51 CTK (106) operating the Seacombe Drive - E. Port section.

Enviro200 WX09 TCK (118) is pending being sold. I believe similar Enviro VE58 XKX (116) will be the next to be sold once 118 has gone.

Solo KX51 CTO (107) was involved in a rather damaging shunt the other evening, meaning this will be VOR for a short period of time whilst the front is repaired.

Trident LK03 GHH (128) has returned from MOT this week and should be back in service next week.

Dart OU04 FMV (114) has sustained a gearbox fault therefore will be off the road for a short while, to allow for it to be repaired.
(15/09/2017 17:19)YK53 GXO Wrote:  Scania GB03 ACL has returned to the Eastham garage due to vehicle shortages, and has been given the fleet number of 132, it has been out this week operating the Rivacre - E. Port end of the service 7, with Optare KX51 CTK (106) operating the Seacombe Drive - E. Port section.

Enviro200 WX09 TCK (118) is pending being sold. I believe similar Enviro VE58 XKX (116) will be the next to be sold once 118 has gone.

Solo KX51 CTO (107) was involved in a rather damaging shunt the other evening, meaning this will be VOR for a short period of time whilst the front is repaired.

Trident LK03 GHH (128) has returned from MOT this week and should be back in service next week.

Dart OU04 FMV (114) has sustained a gearbox fault therefore will be off the road for a short while, to allow for it to be repaired.

Interesting about 116/118 being sold just got a loan of Enviro200
Aintree operated the annual 'Wirral Ale Trail' yesterday afternoon and evening, serving various pubs across the north of the Wirral using 4 decker vehicles. The route started in New Brighton, then across to West Kirby, down towards Heswall, back across to Birkenhead and finally returning to New Brighton, with buses running at frequencies of approximately 30 minutes from each stop.

Purchased is ex Metroline London Alexander Dennis Trident/ALX 400 LK05 GGV. It has been out and about in service over the past week, still in London livery and retaining it's dual doors, however has been fitted with Centrad LEDs.

Trident X5 ACL (126 ex X367 NNO) has now been withdrawn from service and will be stripped for spares before heading for scrap.

Further to my most recent post, the sale of Enviro 200 WX09 TCK (118) has not been successful therefore it will remain within the Aintree fleet for now.

For anyone interested, an updated list of vehicles based at Eastham is below;

106 - KX51 CTK, 107 - KX51 CTO, 111 - X111 ACL, 114 - OU04 FMV, 116 - VE58 XKX, 118 - WX09 TCK, 119 - YX12 FRD, 120 - YX12 GGV, 121 - YX65 RFN, 122 - SN16 OGP, 123 - YX17 NJO, 127 - AW04 XCK, 128 - LK03 GHH, 129 - YN03 DFA, 130 - YN53 RYM, 131 - YN53 RYR, 132 - GB03 ACL
Purchased is ex-London United (TA40225) Dennis Trident/ALX400 SN51 SZU. This will be given the fleet number of 134. This has been purchased as a part-exchange with EnsignBus for Scania YN03 DFA, which has now been withdrawn taken down to Ensign for sale.

Trident LK05 GGV has been given the fleet number of 133 and has seen regular use on the City-Rail-Link over the past week.

Aintree-based Trident V537 ESC has now been painted in full Aintree fleet livery.

Another ex-London Trident is due shortly, this will replace fellow Scania GB03 ACL, which similarly will go down to Ensign. Early next year, Scania's YN53 RYR and YN53 RYM will also be part-exchanged for Tridents of some description.

Dart OU04 FMV is currently VOR due to engine issues. I'm told it may be being sold to Avon Buses, Prenton shortly.
Do we know why they are part exchanging 03 reg Buses for 51 reg ones? Cant be doing much for the fleet age

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(17/11/2017 18:36)YK53 GXO Wrote:  Purchased is ex-London United (TA40225) Dennis Trident/ALX400 SN51 SZU. This will be given the fleet number of 134. This has been purchased as a part-exchange with EnsignBus for Scania YN03 DFA, which has now been withdrawn taken down to Ensign for sale.

Trident LK05 GGV has been given the fleet number of 133 and has seen regular use on the City-Rail-Link over the past week.

Aintree-based Trident V537 ESC has now been painted in full Aintree fleet livery.

Another ex-London Trident is due shortly, this will replace fellow Scania GB03 ACL, which similarly will go down to Ensign. Early next year, Scania's YN53 RYR and YN53 RYM will also be part-exchanged for Tridents of some description.

Dart OU04 FMV is currently VOR due to engine issues. I'm told it may be being sold to Avon Buses, Prenton shortly.

Has the Presedent gained proper Dests now instead of the stickers?
Aintree are using two Ensignbus tridents, according to buses mag. as aquired, bit still in full Ensign livery lettering, one was noted yesterday with Ensignbus Northwest fleetnames,

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)