Current time: 19/04/2024, 09:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TransPennine Express
RE: TransPennine Express
(07/08/2017 10:59)knutstransport Wrote:  Did you actually read what I said? I said I've never been refused entry to the train but have suffered from sardine like conditions on board. In contrast on North TPE I've experienced both.

I did but it seems EMT sorted there problems out while TPE struggled to find solutions
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Looks like electric working between Bolton and Preston starts on 12th February - at least that's the date Manchester-Glasgow services are shown via Bolton in open train times.
The services running through from Scotland to Manchester Victoria (much reduced)will all be diverted via Atherton on Saturday 02nd Sep, a rare bit of track for TPE services.
(01/09/2017 23:01)Squire of the Gate Wrote:  The services running through from Scotland to Manchester Victoria (much reduced)will all be diverted via Atherton on Saturday 02nd Sep, a rare bit of track for TPE services.

I wonder whether they have been 185s or towed by a diesel loco?
(02/09/2017 18:53)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I wonder whether they have been 185s or towed by a diesel loco?

A limited service which were pathed to be operated by 100mph DMUs i.e. 185s: http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/a...wtt&toc=TP

The Newcastle-Liverpool services were terminating short at Victoria due to the Eccles route being closed, so that would have freed up a couple of 185s.
Transpennine Express unveils ‘futuristic’ train

https://www.railnews.co.uk/news/2017/09/...train.html

Credit: Railnews.
The 68s, which are to be used to haul the mk5s, have been named after British Navy vessels. 68029 has been called Destroyer, so if there's a late running Pacer train it might be caught up by Destroyer!
Driver training started today between Crewe and Preston with mk3s.
Pure speculation but inclusion of an Anglia buffet suggests they may be used in passenger service in due course, as the guard will need somewhere to puts his traps.
(13/11/2017 13:07)mikestone Wrote:  Driver training started today between Crewe and Preston with mk3s.
Pure speculation but inclusion of an Anglia buffet suggests they may be used in passenger service in due course, as the guard will need somewhere to puts his traps.

They were supposed to be used in revenue earning service between December 2017 and the new mk5s arriving. However, with some TPE changes postponed until May 2018 I don't know if that's still the case.
May timetable is now in opentraintimes. Liverpool-Newcastle trains running as cl.9 and will call at Newton-le-Willows, Lea Green will be served by Scarborough trains. I haven't spotted if the mk.3s are to be used, but the Airport-York trains all shown to Newcastle.
;
Stalybridge the big loser with only two tph to the east instead of three with the withdrawal of the off-peak Northern service to Huddersfield.

User(s) browsing this thread: