Current time: 03/05/2024, 01:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Avon Buses
RE: Avon Buses
When I was in Chester on Saturday Someone from the New Chester Bus Station information desk came on the bus as we were all getting off and said the 13:29 And 15:29 22 To Moreton Cross Were Cancelled due to Staff Shortages
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/06/2017 21:28)Jw88 Wrote:  When I was in Chester on Saturday Someone from the New Chester Bus Station information desk came on the bus as we were all getting off and said the 13:29 And 15:29 22 To Moreton Cross Were Cancelled due to Staff Shortages

Funnily enough, that was probably me!
(11/06/2017 21:29)YK53 GXO Wrote:  Funnily enough, that was probably me!

Was it at 12:19 when you Told them? because that was the bus I got off
(11/06/2017 21:31)Jw88 Wrote:  Was it at 12:19 when you Told them? because that was the bus I got off

Yep, that will have been me. I believe the 1329 service did operate in the end, with a spare driver that they managed to haul in, albeit running around 10-15 mins late.
(11/06/2017 21:35)YK53 GXO Wrote:  Yep, that will have been me. I believe the 1329 service did operate in the end, with a spare driver that they managed to haul in, albeit running around 10-15 mins late.

I was going to go for the 15:29 but I went round the shops for another hour and got the 16:29 home. The 16:29 was packed I had never seen so many people on the 22 I was lucky to get a seat Smile
Just read a post from Mereseytravel on twitter saying that the 492 Will once again be cancelled tonight between 18:11 And 00:11 due to driver shortage
Wonders how much of a close eye Merseytravel are looking at Avon's problem.
It's actually stagecoach a lot of there drivers are going to, another 5 have apparently started there today, things arnt looking to good for avon
Surely they just can't keep cancelling services left right and centre and have no repercussions for doing so?
I would expect (and hope!) A tender or 2 is taken off them and given to someone else

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)