Current time: 25/06/2024, 23:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chester Bus Station
RE: Chester Bus Station
The problem mainly surrounds the Blacon services with drivers not using the drop off stand then swinging round. They are using G to drop and pick up therefore blocking the 200, 15 and 22. The X8 is kind of ok to layover on Stand N as long as no NatEx are due. The X8, X8 and 26 stand is ok to layover because all buses are due within 10 minutes then a 20 min gap before the next X8 then a 30 min gap or roughly something like that so the X8 is fine to layover really. Others are closely timed but that causes issues on both the outer and inner exchange as I have seen a few of the services due to depart from B nip into A to drop off and pick up simply due to ease.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/06/2017 16:42)iMarkeh Wrote:  The problem mainly surrounds the Blacon services with drivers not using the drop off stand then swinging round. They are using G to drop and pick up therefore blocking the 200, 15 and 22. The X8 is kind of ok to layover on Stand N as long as no NatEx are due. The X8, X8 and 26 stand is ok to layover because all buses are due within 10 minutes then a 20 min gap before the next X8 then a 30 min gap or roughly something like that so the X8 is fine to layover really. Others are closely timed but that causes issues on both the outer and inner exchange as I have seen a few of the services due to depart from B nip into A to drop off and pick up simply due to ease.

It sounds like it needs to be policed better by the powers that be .

I only brought it to the attention of the forum though because the 1 to Liverpool was blocking the 2 to Liverpool , preventing the X2 from reaching its stop , making the X2 at least 3 mins late leaving .
RE: Chester bus station
(06/06/2017 11:43)MTL0201 Wrote:  Pity the old Delamere Street bus station was sold off that would have been perfect, just needed the passenger waiting area refurbished.

Was that the National Express coach station? I used a NatEx coach station in Chester in 2002 but it has closed since then.
(17/06/2017 10:26)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Was that the National Express coach station? I used a NatEx coach station in Chester in 2002 but it has closed since then.

Yeah Delamere Street was a nose on the stand job and vehicles reversed away from the stand.
Is there any good spots in the Bus Station for photos? am on about going up on Monday

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(17/06/2017 18:11)T42 PVM Wrote:  Is there any good spots in the Bus Station for photos? am on about going up on Monday

Outside George St Centre wasn't bad, you can look into the horseshoe and no staff bothered me but I kept moving in and out of the bus station
Directly opposite the exit on George St/Gorse Stacks is an end parking space, if it's empty you'll get a few good shots
Cheers, shall have a try

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(17/06/2017 19:47)RedPanda Wrote:  Outside George St Centre wasn't bad, you can look into the horseshoe and no staff bothered me but I kept moving in and out of the bus station
Directly opposite the exit on George St/Gorse Stacks is an end parking space, if it's empty you'll get a few good shots

I've been there twice week before and last week with my camera. Seem no problem at all. Not in peak time just quiet time. May help you.
(17/06/2017 10:26)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Was that the National Express coach station? I used a NatEx coach station in Chester in 2002 but it has closed since then.

Delamere Street was the Crosvile bus station but was also served by Nat Ex
(17/06/2017 18:04)wirralbus Wrote:  Yeah Delamere Street was a nose on the stand job and vehicles reversed away from the stand.

(18/06/2017 00:37)SNL 824 Wrote:  Delamere Street was the Crosvile bus station but was also served by Nat Ex

Thank you both for your confirmations here.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)