Current time: 03/05/2024, 18:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bullocks Coaches
RE: Bullocks Coaches
(22/09/2016 19:21)Dentonian Wrote:  Not aware of any X4 HWD. Sounds like it should be a Holmeswood vehicle.

As for the "shuttles". AFAIK, the Solos normally work a Shuttle service from Trafford General to MRI, which will probably now increase as there is a news item about the NHS's first Hospital being further downgraded! I don't know if this is for medical staff only, or whether Hospital visitors can use it. The Belle Vue service is a Park n Ride service, which when I've seen it is normally worked by YN05 GZX/Z and/or coaches. I'm not actually sure how this works - other than it being for motorists and their passengers only - as the only publicity I have seen for it inside MRI suggests it only runs between about 1000 & 1500. However, I have seen coaches especially running at rush hour. As any regular Hospital outpatient will tell you, a sub 5 hour service is pretty useless anyway in this day and age, so it could be that the publicity I saw (a small poster in the Eye Hospital) is very, very old!

One of the Omnicities was involved in an rtc earlier in the year, sustaining some heavy front damage. Ive not noted it back out yeit. Coaches (usually with a destination display- ex finglands or nat.exp) have been substituting. Bullocks have picked up some more private school services requiring coaches with destination displays, so the new bus has probably been brought in to free up the coaches.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/09/2016 18:32)Dentonian Wrote:  Are you sure? As a regular outpatient at MRI, I enquired about this through two sources (albeit a couple of years ago), and whilst neither could help me directly, they both gave the distinct impression it was mainly for visitors, and it was just a question of a non motorist possibly "blagging" their way on. Not worth the risk going to the Hospital, and the early finish didn't help when stuck there for many hours. Could it be two seperate services; peak hours for staff and off-peak for visitors/outpatients?

Pretty sure. It used to go past my old house and the bus stop it stops at was my local bus route into town.
Usually the people you find on it are wearing NHS lanyards such as receptionists and a few staff in nurses uniforms. Infact, it's very rare to have regular passengers on (Unlike the Trafford Shuttle). It's also the reason non-accessible coaches are used frequently.
(24/09/2016 19:08)Dentonian Wrote:  Now I am confused! The service I'm thinking of would be non-stop between Belle Vue (car park behind Showcase) and MRI Boulevard. Strictly speaking, an unregistered "shuttle" should not be using normal bus stops either!

It's a limited stop service between MRI and the Car park and calls at all three Bus Stops along Upper Brook St (From the sexual health clinic to A&E).

The Trafford Shuttle is the public service and operates to and from Trafford General calling at the bus stop inside the hospital grounds
(24/09/2016 18:32)Dentonian Wrote:  Are you sure? As a regular outpatient at MRI, I enquired about this through two sources (albeit a couple of years ago), and whilst neither could help me directly, they both gave the distinct impression it was mainly for visitors, and it was just a question of a non motorist possibly "blagging" their way on. Not worth the risk going to the Hospital, and the early finish didn't help when stuck there for many hours. Could it be two seperate services; peak hours for staff and off-peak for visitors/outpatients?

That's exactly what it is. There's 2 sets of advertising, with the public limited to 1000-1500, longer hours (07-19) for staff.

Presumably neither service is registered as I don't think the solos are dda.
(25/09/2016 06:56)djb Wrote:  That's exactly what it is. There's 2 sets of advertising, with the public limited to 1000-1500, longer hours (07-19) for staff.

Presumably neither service is registered as I don't think the solos are dda.

No registration is required as they don't collect fares on board the services
Just a reminder that Bullocks are operating a Running Day this Saturday pick up approx 10:30/ drop off approx 16:30 both outside Stockport Railway Station charged at £10.

The following Olympians are to be used as well as a few of their 10 ex London DLA's;
BUI1484 (J938MHC)
HXZ9781 (N405GSX)
HXZ9782 (P411GSX)
BUI1133 (S472KBA)

Their will also be a trip to Selwyns depot at Sharston using a vehicle of their choice, hi-vis is required to walk around the yard.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/01/2017 20:53)Dentonian Wrote:  Just revisting this as any service running between 1000 & 1500 only for outpatients is/was largely pointless with the 21st Century NHS.

All arbitrary now as - to coincide with the chaos for people trying to access the MRI by bus getting worse from next week - I understand the Belle Vue (at least) service has ceased!

I'm not sure if it's ceased or if its an operator change, but bullocks are no longer operating it.
Anybody know what a bullocks bus was doing in macclesfield today (thurs 25th may)?

Seen heading along sunderland st around 11:30 & looks to be on route learning duties.
Into the fleet is Scania Higer YN17ONU & Yutong TC9 YH17NKP.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(25/05/2017 23:11)ant17612 Wrote:  Into the fleet is Scania Higer YN17ONU & Yutong TC9 YH17NKP.

For those interested the yutong is a purchase, scania a lease.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)