Current time: 16/04/2024, 19:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva North West - Speke Depot (Old Closed Thread)
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot
(13/05/2017 21:44)trixmax2000 Wrote:  How long before the other 20 plus move from the North East and Yorkshire??

(14/05/2017 14:38)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Would not be surprised if we get an influx from Yorkshire because they're getting brand new MMCs soon.

North East's are being refurbished to MAX standard to allow their use on the late Express turns, while Yorkshire's are transferring from Castleford to Belle Isle to assist with the withdrawal of their Spectras.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Just spotted what might have been an older style Hybrid passing Lime Street heading towards the Adelphi, although no idea whether it was in service.....could be an ex Maidstone one possibly?? No cross river ones would normally pass here.....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
A friend of mine noted 7001 at Speke (Morrisons) yesterday afternoon.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(19/05/2017 05:54)childwallblues Wrote:  A friend of mine noted 7001 at Speke (Morrisons) yesterday afternoon.

I'm assuming they won't stay numbered as such and will become 4***??

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(19/05/2017 10:53)gka472l Wrote:  I'm assuming they won't stay numbered as such and will become 4***??

4851-4861 i presume
(19/05/2017 12:03)FC Pictures Wrote:  4851-4861 i presume

There must be a good reason why Arriva doesn't adopt a national fleet numbering system but I can't think what it is. Any answers?
(19/05/2017 13:13)Barney Wrote:  There must be a good reason why Arriva doesn't adopt a national fleet numbering system but I can't think what it is. Any answers?

no idea, would seem logical to have one national fleet number system, the random way some vehicles transfered into north west previously were numbered (the ex London deckers for instance) made no sense
(19/05/2017 13:40)FC Pictures Wrote:  no idea, would seem logical to have one national fleet number system, the random way some vehicles transfered into north west previously were numbered (the ex London deckers for instance) made no sense

They think it's easier to remember 3-4 numbers instead of 5 from numbers of stagecoach and first is possible though I doubt it. Easier for me to remember using Arriva's system.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(19/05/2017 14:09)RedPanda Wrote:  They think it's easier to remember 3-4 numbers instead of 5 from numbers of stagecoach and first is possible though I doubt it. Easier for me to remember using Arriva's system.

Since the new reg system came about it`s hard to remember buses by reg numbers, i have no problem with Stagecoach`s national numbering it makes a lot of sense how types are grouped together in distinctive number series, where as Arriva North West`s fleet numbering is very random, the 4xxx series has huge gaps for no sensible reason , recently with different types all bunched together and then again recently jumped up to 48xx on the new hybrids.
(19/05/2017 13:13)Barney Wrote:  There must be a good reason why Arriva doesn't adopt a national fleet numbering system but I can't think what it is. Any answers?

This subject has come up on another web site recently, and a correspondent noted that a national system was sent to Arriva for consideration, "I sent a previous scheme to Arriva some years back to which I got a polite but dismissive reply, so as they say once bitten..."

So there doesn't seem a desire, but as many have pointed out as there a numerous renumbering and duplicate fleet numbers due to reallocations it seems crazy to me not to.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)