Current time: 05/05/2024, 14:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
62238 is expected to move to Bolton very soon, and is being converted into a driver trainer
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/05/2017 20:32)Dentonian Wrote:  Seems a bit extravagant, given there are quite a few (albeit slightly older) examples going spare just across t'Pennines. Indeed, FWY are starting to withdraw the earliest Eclipses which would be a closer match to what drivers would be using in service.

I'm more surprised that First Manchester haven't converted the current B10BLEs at Bolton into trainers...
(11/05/2017 17:26)Nicholas Wrote:  First did give notice on their website prior to the increase.

Nothing on the buses though. Not everyone checks the website daily. He uses the bus twice a day as he works on Oxford road.
(11/05/2017 19:38)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  All of First's Rusholme buses have had an A4 paper notifying of the fare changes in their window since Sunday and the fleet had it's "Quids in £1" fare window stickers removed up to a week prior. Although the increase was deemed 'quiet' compared to previous increases, all the signs were there (or wasn't in the case of the 'quids in' advertising).

Also of note, several Enviro 400's have been route branded (again) for service 41 promoting their 10 minute service following changes to the 143 route, which now serves Manchester to West Didsbury only.

Carnt comment myself but my pal works on Oxford road so uses the bus 2 maybe 4 times if he's on a split and didn't notice any signs about increases infact the driver himself admitted he was having a mere of a day as everyone was getting on and throwing pounds at him and he was having to call them back and explain about the hush hush increase.

Just goes to show how much money both firms have lost during this friendly bus war at the expense of passangers outside the city centre. I wonder if stagecoach increased there fares to £2 next week First would quickly follow suit.
(11/05/2017 18:57)Dentonian Wrote:  "You lucky, lucky b***ard. What we wouldn't give for £1.50 flat fares." "We just have £4.30 flat fares with late running, overloaded buses due to everyone needing 70p, £5.70 or £15.70 fares or £5.50 change for a Megarider (+ smart card) Oh! And you'll need a receipt with that (more traffic light cycles missed).

With apologies to the Monty Python team

I'm no more lucky than you Dentionan. I've not been on a bus for over a year now. The system has failed me sadly. It's cheaper, easier and less stressful travelling to work in my car. So actually maybe I am the lucky one Smile
(11/05/2017 20:15)Alexw12 Wrote:  62238 is expected to move to Bolton very soon, and is being converted into a driver trainer

It's been at Bolton for over a week, not being converted into a training vehicle though....
Is it for service then

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(11/05/2017 23:05)Mayneway Wrote:  infact the driver himself admitted he was having a mere of a day as everyone was getting on and throwing pounds at him and he was having to call them back and explain about the hush hush increase.

Just goes to show how much money both firms have lost during this friendly bus war at the expense of passangers outside the city centre. I wonder if stagecoach increased there fares to £2 next week First would quickly follow suit.

The same was happening to Stagecoach drivers despite a windscreen sticker, a massive "£1.50" on the front and about a months notice on A5 leaflets. Some people are just oblivious, I live on the Wilmslow Rd corridor currently and you get the same problem of everyone assuming every single stagecoach bus is £1.50 Confused

I'd completely agree on that. Personally I believe stagecoach are aware that First do not want to copy their fare patterns. Let's not forget when the 'cross connect' services started, First actually advertised their fare with a 'until xxth January 2015" and later explained they were 'continuing' the fare via A3 posters and A5 leaflets, as if it was somewhat beneficial to passengers, and not due to the fact passengers would just use Magicbus services. Worst piece of transport marketing/PR I've seen for a long time, very poorly executed.
(12/05/2017 06:25)T42 PVM Wrote:  Is it for service then

Definitely not
(11/05/2017 19:38)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  All of First's Rusholme buses have had an A4 paper notifying of the fare changes in their window since Sunday and the fleet had it's "Quids in £1" fare window stickers removed up to a week prior. Although the increase was deemed 'quiet' compared to previous increases, all the signs were there (or wasn't in the case of the 'quids in' advertising).

Also of note, several Enviro 400's have been route branded (again) for service 41 promoting their 10 minute service following changes to the 143 route, which now serves Manchester to West Didsbury only.

Route 41 branded Enviro400 33844 was on the 42 on 10 May. Route branding working well then.

User(s) browsing this thread: 25 Guest(s)