Current time: 05/05/2024, 22:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
More unusual. MagicBus 19179 on the X50 this afternoon. Another MagicBus vehicle on the 76, while a 76-branded Enviro400 was on the 42B.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/04/2017 19:27)SF07 Wrote:  More unusual. MagicBus 19179 on the X50 this afternoon. Another MagicBus vehicle on the 76, while a 76-branded Enviro400 was on the 42B.

A magic bus was on the 76 this afternoon
Depending what time you saw it SF07 a slight correction is needed the 76 branded Enviro400 you saw would have been on 42 to Stockport as I saw it on Wilmslow Road heading through Rusholme when I was on a 142 Magicbus from Parrswood into Manchester.

I just missed the Magicbus on 76 as it had just turned into Lever Street as I was getting off 142.
(05/04/2017 05:49)M60lad Wrote:  Depending what time you saw it SF07 a slight correction is needed the 76 branded Enviro400 you saw would have been on 42 to Stockport as I saw it on Wilmslow Road heading through Rusholme

The 42, 42A and 42B all interwork with one another at Piccadilly. You are both correct.
(05/04/2017 05:49)M60lad Wrote:  Depending what time you saw it SF07 a slight correction is needed the 76 branded Enviro400 you saw would have been on 42 to Stockport as I saw it on Wilmslow Road heading through Rusholme when I was on a 142 Magicbus from Parrswood into Manchester.

I just missed the Magicbus on 76 as it had just turned into Lever Street as I was getting off 142.

It was in Piccadilly Gardens ready to leave as a 42B to Woodford.
According to the Wilmslow Guardian, the Wilmslow extension of the 378 costed Stagecoach £150,000 a year to run and they only took £40,000 in revenue from running that extension, so they said a £110,000 subsidy was required to keep it running.

As mentioned in the D&G thread the replacement for Wilmslow is going to be a Mon-Fri only Wilmslow-Lacey Green-Handforth-Handforth Dean service operated by D&G from their new Wincham facility.
(10/04/2017 11:41)knutstransport Wrote:  According to the Wilmslow Guardian, the Wilmslow extension of the 378 costed Stagecoach £150,000 a year to run and they only took £40,000 in revenue from running that extension, so they said a £110,000 subsidy was required to keep it running.

As mentioned in the D&G thread the replacement for Wilmslow is going to be a Mon-Fri only Wilmslow-Lacey Green-Handforth-Handforth Dean service operated by D&G from their new Wincham facility.

''At yesterday’s meeting, councillors were told that to continue the service between Grove Lane and Wilmslow would cost Stagecoach £150,000 – and to continue the service it would require a subsidy from CEC of £110,000, which Cllr Watkins admits is ‘unlikely’.

Cllr Cynthia Samson, chairman of Handforth Parish Council, added: “It seems very expensive.

“It’s 6.1 miles from Stockport to Grove Lane, and only 3.1 miles from Grove Lane to Wilmslow.

“But Stagecoach said that it is the Wilmslow service which loses money, and at the end of the day it is a commercial business.”''

Councillor Samson's mileage figures are somewhat questionable to put it mildly.
^ I know what she's done. If you type Stockport to Wilmslow in to Google and you get a distance of 9.3 miles, while for Grove Lane to Wilmslow in and you get 3.1 miles - the difference is 6.2 and she said 6.1 (the 0.1 difference could just be a case of a different journey planning site rounding down instead of up.)
(10/04/2017 16:04)knutstransport Wrote:  ^ I know what she's done. If you type Stockport to Wilmslow in to Google and you get a distance of 9.3 miles, while for Grove Lane to Wilmslow in and you get 3.1 miles - the difference is 6.2 and she said 6.1 (the 0.1 difference could just be a case of a different journey planning site rounding down instead of up.)
The 378 bus doesn't go down the M60 or A34 and it goes around Handforth not straight through it and through 2 housing estates between Handforth and Wilmslow bus terminus-well more than 3.1 miles . The Stockport to Grove Lane figure is wrong too.
My point was she's asked a journey planner for the direct distance between 2 points and claimed that's how far the bus goes.

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)