Current time: 07/05/2024, 00:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
2456 on the 118/9 this evening, one of the last trips to Mill Park for it. https://www.flickr.com/photos/124667232@...ed-public/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I know some people detest them but i think the ELC myllennium's have done well to last this long.

Will the pulsar's and commanders ride be any better at there age i wonder , time will tell.
(26/02/2017 08:07)wirralbus Wrote:  I know some people detest them but i think the ELC myllennium's have done well to last this long.

Will the pulsar's and commanders ride be any better at there age i wonder , time will tell.

I agree - they're nearly 16 years old and it'll be a shame to see them and the Renowns go but these things happen I suppose. I'll admit I wasn't keen on the Myllenniums at first but they definitely grew on me as time went on - but they've definitely been the buses you either love or hate
Although the Myllenniums are being withdrawn here, I'm told they will go on to see further service elsewhere in the North West, how many I cant say, but it isnt the end of the road for them yet. I personally dont think they are as bad as everyone thinks, but theres no accounting for taste I suppose!
(26/02/2017 22:24)LT10 Wrote:  Although the Myllenniums are being withdrawn here, I'm told they will go on to see further service elsewhere in the North West, how many I cant say, but it isnt the end of the road for them yet. I personally dont think they are as bad as everyone thinks, but theres no accounting for taste I suppose!

That is highly doubtful given their age and the extensive cascade program that is shortly about to occur.
Surprised to catch 2457 on the 414 today, thought all the Birkenhead Myllennium's are withdrawn by now.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Nothing has gone there to replace them

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(01/03/2017 14:25)MTL0201 Wrote:  Surprised to catch 2457 on the 414 today, thought all the Birkenhead Myllennium's are withdrawn by now.

Given what's happened at lime st, I'd expect them to stay for another week
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2455 also still going strong on the 409 today
Laird Street have at least 4 Cadets here now for the moment anyway - 2502 2515 2516 2545. Commander 2602 was also seen in the depot.

As said above the Myllenniums seem to be extending their stay even longer with 2455 (409) 2456 (492) 2457 (414) 2460 (410) all seen today, also still in use was 2713 and 4481 is also still here not sure if the other 2 Rhyl Geminis are still around or not. The new Hybrids seem to be getting used on the 464 Mon-Fri.

2453/2465 and another Myllennium are withdrawn.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)