Current time: 04/05/2024, 15:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(24/01/2017 22:04)T42 PVM Wrote:  With the cut of the 32 coming in would that not allow at least 1 of the AE51 Mans to be Withdrawn?

There's going to be quite a large shake up of Wigan's single decker fleet in the coming weeks, MAN's and B7's..... Catch them while you can....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/01/2017 22:11)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  The reason that Stagecoach use Ferryhill Motors loaned buses is quite simply they aren't paying for them.

If a bus suffers a mechanical problem covered by the warranty, the bus will be sent back to the manufacturer and a loan bus is provided to them (it happens with other operators too - Arriva had a loaned Wrightbus Streetlight whilst one of their Streetlight EV's was sent back to Wrightbus for repair). If a bus has been involved in an RTA where the driver wasn't at fault, the cost of the loan comes from the other party, alongside the repair bill.

Ferryhill are in charge of MOT and Insurance of their vehicles, which is something stagecoach won't have to pay by taking buses out of reserve. The only cost to Stagecoach is fuel (and possibly minor maintenance such as a smashed window whilst in their care).

I've already asked that question. Normally a bus goes away for work normally accident body work and a courtesy bus from FerryMill is loaned in it's place but it seems in this case Stagecoach have hired in a vehicle due to a shortage.
(24/01/2017 22:00)Dentonian Wrote:  But why are they in reserve anyway? Its the very size of the company that illustrates this point as well. There are 5 customer friendly 12 year old Tridents doing nothing at Wigan when they could be replacing older, less environmentally friendly examples in other Stagecoach companies. And similarly, why are so many 2004-2006 build MANs gathering dust, when Wigan still have (at least) 4x 51 reg examples in service? Unless there's been a rash of major engineering failures, they should not have gone in Reserve in the first place!

It seems crazy to me. Fair enough if theres no need for a bus then cascade or sell it but they have this habbit of withdrawing buses in seemingly good condition then dumping them at Wigan for several months.
Dare I mention the Primo's. They spent a fortune on them and they have spent more time parked up at Wigan. Same with the former London Tridents. They painted them converted to single door then months later withdrew them.
And what's the crack with 28506/7? One had a load of work done at Ashton last year, was prepped for MOT - not sure if it was MOT'd or not but it's not entered service or been disposed of.

Reading between the lines and the word 'politics' is it a case of none of the other depots want to lend Middleton any of thier vehicles?
(24/01/2017 22:47)Mayneway Wrote:  I've already asked that question. Normally a bus goes away for work normally accident body work and a courtesy bus from FerryMill is loaned in it's place but it seems in this case Stagecoach have hired in a vehicle due to a shortage.

It's covering for a bus at another depot (It was posted on here I can't remember exactly I may be wrong but I think it was Hyde Rd?).
Hyde Rd have sent it to Middleton (with it being a single decker) instead of loaning an Enviro 400 which is more useful to Hyde Road
(24/01/2017 23:57)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  It's covering for a bus at another depot (It was posted on here I can't remember exactly I may be wrong but I think it was Hyde Rd?).
Hyde Rd have sent it to Middleton (with it being a single decker) instead of loaning an Enviro 400 which is more useful to Hyde Road

That would make a lot more sense than the suggestion made that it's been 'hired in' to cover for a number of breakdowns at Middleton.
Depends what the breakdown is...

Warranty disputes with Cummins appear to be on the rise at the moment, it could well be that it's Cummins paying for a cover vehicle as part of the claim.

Ferrymill only tend to become involved via third parties...
Enviro400 19411 is currently on loan to Wigan. Latest withdrawals are 22305 and 22328
(25/01/2017 20:25)Scania1996 Wrote:  Enviro400 19411 is currently on loan to Wigan. Latest withdrawals are 22305 and 22328

Was it definitely 19411? I know 19407-410 are due to transfer to Wigan imminently
Seems to getting regular at Stockport that the new MMC400s are appearing on other routes as well as the Traffords that they are branded for, its the same with the Hybrid 192 branded Enviro400s, they turn up daily on various Stockport routes including 11/11As and 368s.

As for the Hybrid Solo/Versas its the same with them, there meant to just be on Romiley Circurlars and 312 Handforth Deans (Both routes interwork) but can be seen on various other Stockport mimibus routes infact the other week I actually spotted one at Trafford Centre on a duty on X5.
(25/01/2017 00:28)Mayneway Wrote:  That would make a lot more sense than the suggestion made that it's been 'hired in' to cover for a number of breakdowns at Middleton.

That rings a bell, it was reported to be a Hyde Road decker on loan to Middleton that was involved in the first of the two recent RTA's. If the loan vehicle to cover it was a single decker that could be better used at Middleton.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)