Current time: 08/05/2024, 16:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(11/01/2017 10:49)M60lad Wrote:  Due to a shortage of drivers at Bury Depot today they've got at least 2 drivers from other depots covering today with one from Bolton Depot covering 471s later and apparently there's another driver from Queens Road covering although not sure what route/s their on.

Not to sure if its down to staff sikness or whether staff have started leaving with the depot closures coming up in April I guess only time will tell.

So they are short on drivers and buses now then
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
And just to show things happen in 3s Bury Depot's 524s were suffering major problems yesterday and may do today due to an unsafe building in Radcliffe which was causing delays and diversions, one twitter message said some were running upto 40mins delayed.
Just seen new Vantage 39260 on its way to Bolton Depot on trade plates devoid of branding and reg plates
Oldhams 30894 is on loan to Bury
Very rare allocation today. Streetlite 63114 on 415 Middleton to Oldham. Can't see it becoming a common sight on route.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(14/01/2017 20:59)NorthernCounties Wrote:  Very rare allocation today. Streetlite 63114 on 415 Middleton to Oldham. Can't see it becoming a common sight on route.

The low bridge that restricts the vehicle allocations is closed all weekend so even Deckers could appear on it. A Citaro appeared last time it happened. Come Monday it will be back to normal
I remember a couple of years ago there was actually talk within Management at First about re-routing the 415 so newer vehicles could be used on the route as due to the low-bridge is stops anything higher than a Solo or Dart being used, naturally for some reason best known to themselves it came to nothing unfortunatly so if a vehicle breaks down on 415 is means the service is then dropped and 415 dropps down to an hourly service while a replacement is sourced which isn't easy sometimes although usually during the week the relief driver for 12/125s usually brings a Solo from Depot should anything brake down on 12/125 or even 415 I suppose the spare vehicle can then be utilised.
If the bendies do come to Bolton, they'll need a double stand. So does anyone know if the new Bolton Interchange will have that? From what i have seen it doesn't look to promising
(15/01/2017 00:34)Solo40336 Wrote:  The low bridge that restricts the vehicle allocations is closed all weekend so even Deckers could appear on it. A Citaro appeared last time it happened. Come Monday it will be back to normal

A decker was on it on Saturday.
(15/01/2017 00:34)Solo40336 Wrote:  The low bridge that restricts the vehicle allocations is closed all weekend so even Deckers could appear on it. A Citaro appeared last time it happened. Come Monday it will be back to normal

I live on the route and know they normally put fairly old vehicles on that are not in great shape. Doesn't help make the route busy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)