Current time: 03/05/2024, 19:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
Stagecoach X8 branded 27777 is out on 86s today.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
From a tip off from a friend, I heard that the Stagecoach extra's on the rail replacements were on standby at Birkenhead North for the morning peak, both the Cambridge MMC'S (10808/9) wrre there plus 10541/3/5

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
10808, 10809 & 10541/3/5 at Birkenhead North this morning http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/32272137295

HTH

(12/01/2017 21:13)gka472l Wrote:  10808, 10809 & 10541/3/5 at Birkenhead North this morning http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/32272137295

HTH

What time you photo them this morning?
(12/01/2017 21:28)326VFM Wrote:  What time you photo them this morning?

Took this about 0850ish

(12/01/2017 22:06)Dentonian Wrote:  Now that all 15 are apparently available for service, I'm thinking of having a trip over once the weather improves. Whenever it is, it will be off-peak, though. So, a couple of questions, assuming that Chester's mostly run 2, 471/2 & X8 on Mon-Fri and Saturday.

1. Where is/are the best place(s) to see the GM ones on the Liverpool side of the river?
2. Are more likely to be seen Mon-Fri (off-peak) than on Saturdays, or will it be about the same?

ta

Liverpool no longer has a main bus station but all of these routes stop in Sir Thomas Street which is a short walk from Queen Square which is a short walk from Lime Street station. Queen Square and Liverpool One are good places to observe both Arriva and Stagecoach services. There is no real difference between M-F and Sat daytime services.
(12/01/2017 22:06)Dentonian Wrote:  Now that all 15 are apparently available for service, I'm thinking of having a trip over once the weather improves. Whenever it is, it will be off-peak, though. So, a couple of questions, assuming that Chester's mostly run 2, 471/2 & X8 on Mon-Fri and Saturday.

1. Where is/are the best place(s) to see the GM ones on the Liverpool side of the river?
2. Are more likely to be seen Mon-Fri (off-peak) than on Saturdays, or will it be about the same?

ta

Haven't seen the GM ones (10808/9) in Liverpool yet, this morning was the first time, I would assume be in Liverpool for the afternoon peak, as 'PO59MXJ' posted earlier, Exchange Street in Liverpool for the afternoon looks to be a good place to find them...although I left Liverpool before the afternoon peak properly started (although the extra Arriva's had started to arrive in the area.....). As for Saturdays, I would assume virtually the same as weekdays, although the Chester allocated ones have been sighted on the X2 between Chester/Ellesmere Port & Runcorn too....I only require 10804 for a photo out of the 15 and it was the only purple one I didn't see today (another person photted both of Chester's orange ones too so looks like that was the only one not out....in Liverpool at least!)

HTH

(12/01/2017 22:34)gka472l Wrote:  Haven't seen the GM ones (10808/9) in Liverpool yet, this morning was the first time, I would assume be in Liverpool for the afternoon peak, as 'PO59MXJ' posted earlier, Exchange Street in Liverpool for the afternoon looks to be a good place to find them...although I left Liverpool before the afternoon peak properly started (although the extra Arriva's had started to arrive in the area.....). As for Saturdays, I would assume virtually the same as weekdays, although the Chester allocated ones have been sighted on the X2 between Chester/Ellesmere Port & Runcorn too....I only require 10804 for a photo out of the 15 and it was the only purple one I didn't see today (another person photted both of Chester's orange ones too so looks like that was the only one not out....in Liverpool at least!)
Going Saturday to Birkenhead so hopefully I'll see 10808/09
HTH
(12/01/2017 22:34)gka472l Wrote:  Haven't seen the GM ones (10808/9) in Liverpool yet, this morning was the first time, I would assume be in Liverpool for the afternoon peak, as 'PO59MXJ' posted earlier, Exchange Street in Liverpool for the afternoon looks to be a good place to find them...although I left Liverpool before the afternoon peak properly started (although the extra Arriva's had started to arrive in the area.....). As for Saturdays, I would assume virtually the same as weekdays, although the Chester allocated ones have been sighted on the X2 between Chester/Ellesmere Port & Runcorn too....I only require 10804 for a photo out of the 15 and it was the only purple one I didn't see today (another person photted both of Chester's orange ones too so looks like that was the only one not out....in Liverpool at least!)

HTH

10804 was on X8 yesterday passed me in the afternoin on New Chester Rd whilst I was on 38s, it could have replaced another one as I know Chester depot sometimes send a X8 bus back and send a different one out if one is running late as Chester Depot is practically 3/4 mins from the routes finishing point
Both 10808 and 10809 are both at birkenhead north this morning and will disappear between 09:00- 09:30.

User(s) browsing this thread: 38 Guest(s)