Current time: 16/05/2024, 16:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(13/12/2016 19:18)acocker96 Wrote:  I've always wondered that how do you manage without toilets for many hours? I've also noticed some Stagecoach drivers pullout little black books and start writing in them, do you have any idea what they are?

These black books will be pocket diarys. Drivers write there rosta's in them then obviously if they end up running late or there duty changes they amend their diary.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/12/2016 23:41)Mayneway Wrote:  These black books will be pocket diarys. Drivers write there rosta's in them then obviously if they end up running late or there duty changes they amend their diary.
Thanks, I suspected they were something along those lines or for keeping track of total fares etc.
P
(13/12/2016 21:59)Dentonian Wrote:  I'm surprised you can get much layover on 201/3/4 even at night. I used to catch 201 to Denton/Hyde (or the Lowes) in my drinking days, and in the 6-7 years I did (admittedly always Fri or Sat), I don't think the bus was ever less than 5 minutes late. Mind you, in an even earlier "incarnation" I would catch the 204 from Picc late evening, and drivers would invariable sit on the stand until at least 5 minutes after scheduled departure - but that was before Gorton Tesco etc was built.
As for 203s; 15 minutes from Bulls Head to Stockport is utterly ridiculous on a Sunday morning, so I don't see how its any better at night, except that loadings are probably lighter. In fact, the AA planning thingy reckons it takes 15 minutes from the Bulls Head to Stockport by CAR!

on the 200s Ive found doesn't matter what time u get to the stand in town you always leave that stand late then u have time to the depot but with the changes to London road thats been made hell because of the Taxis.
203 that time is fine at night but in the day if you got a busy bus then not a chance.
The pocket dairy thou We just sign off late so its all added on at the end of the duty even if you late for ur meal break they adjust your break or swap you onto other duties. But some might keep track of it I dont because it is pointless if I am late when i get back I just sign off late.

200s also into town there never enough time then you get to manc way if there no traffic you will arrive early at Portland St Piccadilly. Problem then is you cant sit there and wait for time so you must go around the block as many willl be well aware you cant spend more then 5minutes on a Bus Stand. Portland St layby is just one of them where we told not to wait as its so busy with services going back to depot etc
Dentonian you mentioned something about the driver of your 203 saying that he came off about an hour late, he could actually be right on this one as due to an incident at Manchester Airport M56 slip roads to Terminal 2 were closed for most of the rush hour causing massive delays on the local road network including obviousl M56 but traffic backing up onto M60, Princess Road was no better with Stagecoach themselves reporting delays to 101/104/105s of upto 40mins at one point in both directions.

Infact looking at Roadworks.org website at one point all surrounding roads were extremely busy as traffic was trying to find alternate means of avoiding the problems on M56.
Seems 38 branded vehicles were on anything but 38s yesterday afternoon as I spotted a few on other services yesterday in or near Piccadilly:

One on 219s, before anyone gets confused I'm guessing this was on the afternoon 15:09 St Thomas Moor High School-Piccadilly working.

Also saw 2 others one on X50 and another on 250 although one of these could have been the one that was on 219 and may go onto something else after doing 219.

Another odd working was a Stockport Depot 192 branded Hybrid Enviro400 heading empty through Denton towards Ashton obviously to pick up a School working.
(15/12/2016 08:40)M60lad Wrote:  Seems 38 branded vehicles were on anything but 38s yesterday afternoon as I spotted a few on other services yesterday in or near Piccadilly:

One on 219s, before anyone gets confused I'm guessing this was on the afternoon 15:09 St Thomas Moor High School-Piccadilly working.

Also saw 2 others one on X50 and another on 250 although one of these could have been the one that was on 219 and may go onto something else after doing 219.

Another odd working was a Stockport Depot 192 branded Hybrid Enviro400 heading empty through Denton towards Ashton obviously to pick up a School working.

38 roumers have it in Janurary it will stop Going to the MRI and just start from Piccadilly
others rumours are HE is getting the 42
Sharston is Gaining 50

X57 Is also loosing its limited stop and changing Number To maybe 42B something like that
More problems for Stagecoach Manchester this morning as Wilmslow Road in Rusholme is closed Manchester bound now due to a Burst Water Main with services diverting as follows:

141/142/143 Svcs to Birley Campus/Manchester

Via Wilmslow road/Platt Lane/Lloyd Street South/Upper Lloyd Street/Great Western Street then back onto Wilmslow Road.

42A/X57 Svcs to Manchester

Via Wilmslow Road/Platt Lane/Lloyd Street/Upper Lloyd Street/Moss Lane East then back onto Wilmslow Road.

42/43 to Manchester

Via Dickinson Road /Anson Road/Booth Street East then back onto Oxford Road.
I think I saw 19480 on the 330 earlier but definitely saw 19485 0n the 325.
(20/12/2016 19:05)gilbert Wrote:  I think I saw 19480 on the 330 earlier but definitely saw 19485 0n the 325.

19480 Is back at hyde road I picked it up from ashton tonight putting 19247 in its Place Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 37 Guest(s)