Current time: 02/06/2024, 12:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Routemaster Buses Nantwich
RE: Routemaster Buses Nantwich
They did stop running a number of services without giving 56 days notice - the C84 being the most noticeable example. While D&G picked up all the contracted services on an emergency basis they registered the services on their own licences rather than running it on behalf of Routemaster until the cancellation was accepted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(15/12/2016 05:45)E208 WBG Wrote:  Did not realise they had done anything to get there licence revoked..thought they just gave up with service work
If a company goes in to liquidation as Routemaster did the licence is automatically revoked
(15/12/2016 22:43)Salopbus Wrote:  If a company goes in to liquidation as Routemaster did the licence is automatically revoked

Absolutely as they have lost thier financial repute.

It is a shame to see a hard working independant go to the wall. For small independants it's a very volatile time but had they not had the fierce direct compititon from GHA would they still be successfully operating today? This is a question non of us will know for sure but they had a go.
(16/12/2016 00:48)Mayneway Wrote:  Absolutely as they have lost thier financial repute.

It is a shame to see a hard working independant go to the wall. For small independants it's a very volatile time but had they not had the fierce direct compititon from GHA would they still be successfully operating today? This is a question non of us will know for sure but they had a go.
Big investment in Daf deckers which very rarely seemed to be out along with far more vehicles than needed for PVR might not have helped
(18/12/2016 22:10)Salopbus Wrote:  Big investment in Daf deckers which very rarely seemed to be out along with far more vehicles than needed for PVR might not have helped

The deckers were acquired and needed work before entering service which meant they only saw brief service before the C84 was pulled.

I'm assuming the large number of vehicles was down to the enthusiast element in the way the company was run.
Also don't forget they where planning on starting up on the 82 before GHA stuck there oar in on the 84. I believe this is why they acquired more vehicles than required.
I thought the proposed C82 was in response to GHA registering a duplicate 84 service.
I thought GHA registered there 84 in response to Routemaster "starting up" the C82, which of course was never actually registered.
Anyway whichever way it is Routemaster Buses is now history.

These days the variety seems to have disappeared from the bus industry.
There still appears to be an active company,
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09521103
although I assume
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06030920
was the operating company.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)